Safety Razor blade disposal?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by curiousity, Nov 25, 2008.

1. TiberiuR

TiberiuR Member

I use a chewing gum bottle. The plastic bottle has a perfect size for the blades. you need to put them vertically to drop them in the box. And it is difficult getting them out. So there could be no accidents what so ever;)
    Cheap, available, easy :D

2. soopercat

soopercat New Member

Campbell's soup can with a dremell cut off wheel slice in the lib big enough to accept blades. A little dab of JD Weld around the edges to keep it from coming off. Sharpie labeled SHARP RAZOR BLADES over the lid and side of the can. I've only ever had to dispose of one of these and I put a dab of JD Weld cross the slot so nothing would fall out in the metal recycling bin.

Kind regards,

3. raisindot

raisindot New Member

Staples has these marvelous little plastic boxes--called, literally, the "Really Useful Box" in various sizes with removable lids in various colors. I bought a black one for $1, sliced a hole in the cover, and, viola, a box that will hold several hundred used blades.

Jeff in Boston

4. ctakim

ctakim Member

Here is what I use!!

Attached Files:

5. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Lots of creative and innovative recommendations.
    One thing you might check is your bathroom medicine cabinet. Depending on when your home or apartment was built, it may contain a blade disposal slot. My home was build in the 70's and has them.

6. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

7. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

big fan of the barber pole but i think i'll order one of those steel banks, i've been rewrapping mine and putting them back in the box or whatever they came in, then i tape it up when it's full and pitch it