Said it before...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by '65 G-Slim, Sep 28, 2016.

1. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

...and, having just stepped out of my "den" (if you will), I'll have to say it again...

[​IMG]

This is the best DE razor in the world.

wristwatchb, AGHisBBS, Troy M and 6 others like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Glad you found yours. :happy088::happy088:

3. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

But,... The Gillette OLD type is the best razor ever made! :p

4. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

I've got one just like it & never used it. I must try it tomorrow. What is it?

Jorvaljr and Bama Samurai like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

It's a Tech by Gillette. Most commonly cloned three piece razor design ever. Issued to GIs in WW2 common. Very mild, and a true test of skill to be able to get near bbs in two passes.

6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Personally .. the fat handle tech is my version of the best DE razor in the world.

Edit: so much so I have 3
    IMG_3612.jpg

7. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

The tech is a real nice shaver. I never wanted one in my den, but found one in an antique shop that was in great shape. The fact that the date code was my birth year and quarter, along with a $10 price tag, I had to buy it.

After the first use, I wondered why I didn't try a tech sooner. BBS shaves? Nah! DFS shaves? Every time! Smooth and comfortable and great if you have to rush the shave.

8. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I'm working on the BBS, and getting there. I used a PermaSharp on its third run tonight. Love those blades! I've also got the pre-war & post war Heavies, too, and a '45 & '46 Contract...but this particular razor beats out *everything* I've got. My boy is not getting this one. (Curious to see how the Star 3-piece DE stacks up against it...gonna find out tomorrow night.)

9. Jorvaljr

I forgot mention I have a nickel version of the tech you have and I do like it, but the handle seems to thin for me. I love the weight of it though.

10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Definitely good little shavers....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I like the Tech, but it's a bit too mild for my taste though. Here is my nickel plated pre-war, triangle slot Fast Handle, my post war gold Fat Handle, and my 1957 birth-year, ball end with the etched Gillette logo. My wife also has a nickel plated Fat Handle.
    20160928_222020.jpg

HERM

wristwatchb, AGHisBBS, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  12. dkeester

dkeester Well-Known Member

The Tech is possibly the best razor Gillette ever produced. It is the one that they produced the longest.

13. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

I have a fat handle tech with the triangle cutouts, (not sure if that makes any difference). After using it for six days in a row, I really grew to appreciate it. It must be one of the best designs for a mass market razor.

14. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

The triangle slots date the razor as early 1940's "pre-war" (WW2)

HERM

15. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

Thanks Herm.

Herm2502, Jorvaljr and Bama Samurai like this.
  16. Jorvaljr

The fat handle tech is Also the one art of shaving is releasing soon.

Redfisher and Bama Samurai like this.
  17. golem

golem New Member

I am a fan of Techs as well. I have only tried a couple but they exceed my expectations.
    [​IMG]

18. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

These are the Techs I have so far. Even though I haven't used all of them, I expect them to shave about the same. I have used the Fat Handle Gold Tech, The Aluminum Handle Tech (England) in the middle and the Nickel Ball End Tech. Yes they are mild razors, but those three gave me nice three pass BBS shaves. They do their jobs well. IMG_0776.jpg

wristwatchb, AGHisBBS, TobyC and 2 others like this.
  19. 90quattrcoupe

90quattrcoupe Well-Known Member

This.

20. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Delta Echo?

golem likes this.