Saint Charles Shave Lavender

Discussion in 'Shaving Soap Reviews' started by DragonBoy, Mar 11, 2008.

1. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

I got this SCS soap in a trade - the lavender scent is faint but nice.. It lathers mounds and mounds, but the lather is quite bubbly and light.. And has a tendency to dissapear..

The shave itself is not that good.. Glide is sufficient but there is litterally no protection, no cushion in the lather.. Which means a very close shave but the risk of nicks is much higher.. And razor burn might be around the corner..

All in all - not a very good soap.. But as alway YMMW.. For me, this one goes to the shower..

2. Austin

Austin Member

I have good luck with Sue's shave soaps. They take a little more effort to lather but provide a great shave.

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

no friggin good

I also received an SCS soap in trade, and I found it rotten, absolutely rotten. I had enough trouble just building a semi-decent lather, and the scent was fake, and exagerrated, and the worst part was, it gave me a good deal of irritation. Maybe I just had a bad one of the lot, but I wouldn't want to take another chance with these soaps again.

4. Austin

Austin Member

Jeff, I disagree. I have tried many soaps and there are a lot worse out there. I certainly don't think the soap is rotten.

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Andrew, for me, it's ghastly. Myself also, I tried a lot of soaps, and yes, I've run into worse ones than SCS, but I find that I had too much grief using that brand. My skin was not able to cope with the burning sensation, irritation, and rashing, I found the scent completely sickening, and artificial, and the lather was for me anyway, next to impossible to generate. However, as in anything else, YMMV.