San Diego anyone?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by UnklGus, May 7, 2011.

1. UnklGus

UnklGus Member

Is anyone here from the San Diego Area? My family is about to move to San Diego area, and I am wondering what life is like in California. I am born and raised in Minneapolis area. What should look forward to? what should I watch out for? how is the job market there? I work in the healthcare industry. Any help/insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Gus

2. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Well, lack of snow for one as well as absolutely no humidity. Been a long time since I've been there, so as far as job market and entertainment I can't be of much help. Good luck with the move though.

3. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Pretty much everyone knows about the high cost of living and state budget woes in CA so there's that to consider. That aside, San Diego is one of the best cities in America weather-wise, fun-wise, scenery-wise. I love that city. So much to do and see, lots of great food (check out Anthonys down on the pier by the harbor cruise), beaches galore etc, etc. A few things to check out while you're there:

Cabrillo Point and the light house
    Seaport Village
    Seaworld
    Balboa Park
    The aforementioned Anthonys (if you like seafood it's a must)
    The full harbor cruise
    Gaslamp district
    Zoo
    Wild Animal Park
    Hotel Del out on Coronado Island (nice family beach)
    Pacific Beach (nice horn-dog beach :D)
    The Silver Strand

The list goes on. When I lived in PHX we got to SD as often as possible. Great city. You won't miss Minneapolis and it's lovely winters at all!