Sandalwood AS?

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Jondo, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I envy you, you have a lot of TSD soaps. I have one full puck and sample and the M-bomb, which I'm very happy with. I feel I wanna expand my stash of TSD soap and I wanna get the milk, but the shipping is steap. I will get more, but maybe not right now =)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  2. FlightMedic

FlightMedic Well-Known Member

This is the only reason I don't have more TSD products. I don't blame Joanna because running a business from home doesn't give you all the corporate shipping discounts but I tend to buy other places where my money stretches a little further for products and not shipping.

That being said I really want to try some TSD shaving sticks and will probably just bite the bullet.

Tdmsu, Paul Turner and Omelmad like this.
  3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I live in sweden. I received a package from a friend from the TSD shop. I loved the soaps and M-bomb. That why I really want more TSD products

Paul Turner likes this.
  4. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

My first sandalwood shave cream and aftershave was Taylor of Old Bond Street. I like it, but to me it smells similar to Polo cologne in the green bottle, but stronger.

My favorite sandalwood is Caswell-Massey. I use their sandalwood shave cream and aftershave balm. Then I spray on their sandalwood cologne. To me it is the best smelling sandalwood I have come across. The Capatin's Choice sandalwood aftershave splash is similar to the Caswell-Massey, but not as good in my opinion.

5. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

TOBS is a nice Sandalwood scent, but it is on the cologne side, it depends on what type of sandalwood you are looking for. Each companies interpretation is different.

Paul Turner and ninjack like this.
  6. tedh75

tedh75 New Member

After about a year of use I can say that I'm very happy with the scent of St. Charles Shave AS and EDT. The soap not so much. I also have the milk and it is fine, but I probably won't buy it again when I run out. The splash i will definitely purchsse again. I still have only tried a few sandalwood after shaves. AOS is a gel and smells pretty good, but not for the price IMO. GFT skinfood is decent, but not exactly a splash.

I've never liked TOBS sandalwood shave cream so I can't imagine I would care for the AS. YMMV

7. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I like Sandalo by Crusella&co. it smells very nice, only wish it lasted longer.
    the price point is super inexpensive. usually around 6-7 bucks.

8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I bought some Yardley Gold Aftershave, a few months ago, and it has a very nice Sandalwood scent, to me. It reminds me a lot of Prorasso's take on Sandalwood. I ordered it from India, and its cost is very reasonable.

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Is it vintage or reforumated?

10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

It's the new stuff.

Paul Turner likes this.
  11. Spiez

Spiez Active Member

I have AoS Sandalwood AS balm. It smells amazing. It has a fresh clean undertone. The only problem is it does not contain alcohol so I don't get the AS sting. I also use Proraso Red. It's a nice Sandalwood scent but I feel there is a little too much of a vanilla undertone. But I still like it. If only the AoS had alcohol or witch hazel, it would definitely be my go to.

Spiez

Tdmsu likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

I'll make a Sandalwood purchase before too long. Which company, I haven't decided yet, but it does sound like a good masculine fragrance to have around.

13. Paul Turner

I'm just beginning to get interested in the shaving stick idea myself. Seems to have some good advantages.

14. shoe13950

shoe13950 Well-Known Member

Lather and Wood is awesome. I also like AOS. AOS has a better scent, but the Lather and Wood also smells great and leaves your skin feeling soothed and smooth. AOS is a bit "dryer" if that makes sense as a description. YMMV.

15. Paul Turner

ok thanks, I'll look into L&W. Also checking Sterling. Dry is a good description for me, as I focus on what feels best for each season.

16. som

som Well-Known Member

I LOVE the Stirling sandalwood aftershave balm. The only aftershave I currently use.

Paul Turner and PickledNorthern like this.
  17. tedh75

tedh75 New Member

I saw recently that Fine Accoutrements has come out with a new scent called Santal Absolut. It is supposed to be based on AoS Sandalwood. The have a soap and a splash. I'm looking forward to trying them both.

18. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I am waiting to hear more user opinion on the new Proraso Red splash - does the scent match the soap? How long does it last? How much alcohol burn?

19. Spiez

Spiez Active Member

I use both, the soap scent isn't as strong but it matches the AS. The AS has a decent alcohol burn and the scent lasts 3-4 hours. I like it very much.

Spiez

Tdmsu and shoe13950 like this.
  20. shoe13950

shoe13950 Well-Known Member

+1. Fine Santal soap matches AOS sandalwood. I haven't used the aftershave,

Robyflexx likes this.