Saving 15% on car insurance, be careful.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Redfisher, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I recently looked for car insurance online and had a pretty good price about half of what I pay now. Almost went for it but after looking more closely saw that uninsured motorist protection was an add on. After adding that the price was the same as what I pay now. Since Florida has the highest number of uninsured drivers in the country it is coverage you need. Pay attention when getting quotes people.

Douglas Carey, Jorvaljr and dustmite like this.
  2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

If your agent does not offer you uninsured or underinsured protection; keep on shopping, they are not on your side.

Douglas Carey and Redfisher like this.
  3. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

My wife usually shops around once a year or so. She'll tell me about a great rate she found, and I'll ask her to compare the coverage to what we have. When it's all said and done, we stick with the company I've been with since I'm sixteen...

Douglas Carey likes this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

States have different rules about insurance. When I lived in New York, a car was insured and anyone with a driver's license could use the car, and it was covered. Down here in North Carolina it's the opposite, the driver has to be insured.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  5. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Yes, in Europe the rules are different per country as well. In the Netherlands, you insure the car. In the UK, I believe, insurance is on the driver.

Douglas Carey and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I am an excellent driver...
    I have to insure everyone else. Look out for the crazies, drunks, and illegals.

dustmite and Douglas Carey like this.