Scent Testers Needed - Beer

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Queen of Blades, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I got a beer fragrance oil today. Thing is it doesn't smell like any beer I've ever smelled, which doesn't say much as I'm not a beer drinker, or a drinker at all.

So, I'd like a couple people to smell the fragrance for me. I'll pick a few people, who have a wide reference of different beers, to analyze the scent for me.

If you're interested, discuss beer in this thread, and mention you'd like to be considered for analyzing the scent. I'll send an aftershave splash sample with the beer fragrance to a few people of my choosing.

Entries must be in before midnight (EST) April 15. I'll pick testers on the 16th.

No, you don't have to wear the aftershave, if you don't want, but I figure this is the best format to send the samples in.

Testers;
    rodd
    superbleu
    Moe
    ChemErik
    NoobShaver
    Truckman
    JayKay
    Mottern Man
    Windwalker

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

That is awesome! I would love to test sniff it, and I would totally wear it, just not to work. :) I don't consider myself a beer expert, but I certainly enjoy it. :D

3. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Pilsner, Bock, Ale?

4. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Hi JoAnna,
    I like beers and I like trying new shave goodies especially After shaves.
    I am trying to squash the other AD's. A/S's and Straights are what I have settled on looking to find and acquire more of.

I like most beers except I try to stay away from those in green bottles(rolling rock, mickey's, Heineken,ect these always smell skunky to me)

5. Queen of Blades

Are you asking me? :confused:
    Hi Bong! Long time no see!

Thanks for the entry.

I guess I need a cut off date for entries. Let's make it 1 week. So, April 15. I'll pick the testers on the 16th.

6. Moe

Moe Active Member

Ahhhhhh, Beeeeer!

I've been home brewing beer since May of 1990. Will be celibrating 19 years of homebrewing next month. The wife is used to me side tracking on our trips to go to this brew pub, or that brew pub; luckily she likes beer to.

Currently have a keg of American Pale Ale home brew in the frig, and am laggering my first real attempt at a German Alt Bier.

Any other home brewers in this forum?

My current fav is Dusseldorf Style Alt Bier. Nearly impossible to find in the US, and when you do, it's not quite like it is in Dusseldorf. I was lucky enough to travel to Germany 12 times in a two year span, 11 of those to Dusseldorf. I just orderd some Tobac, i'm praying that the fragrence every talks about is Alt Bier ;-)

Other styles I like = Yes :eatdrink047 Pretty much everything.

Guinness is another beer that i'm seldom out of. I do keep Coors light in the house, but that's for my dad who seems to have forgotten what beer tastes like.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I would be honered to drink, er I mean try your samples.

-Moe

7. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Let me know when you get a wine scented one! :)

8. Hi boss,

Let' s see.........a beer scented after shave.........hmmmmmm. That really tickles me. I've heard of a few members looking for hops scented shaving cream, but this is funnier. An after shave that purposely makes it seem like you just had a couple Budweisers on the way to work. I like it! Plus, it's quite a conversation starter if you're pulled over by the cops......they will love that story.

JoAnna? You really have some members who asked for this in a fragrance? Hehehehe, that kills me if so. I can already see there's gonna be a lot of interest in this product, and will be curious as to the samplers opinions. Beer eh? Man.......that's a riot. Would the packaging be in the standard 40 ounce size? Oh wait....that's malt liquor.

You know, there's other products to be made if this scent works out well. Sure......you could do a whisky scented AS, or maybe even a red wine fragrance could be found. Heh, you could do an AS without any scent and call it 'Vodka on the rocks'.

Then, you could include some bath soap items. Maybe stick a piece of marijuana scented soap on a string and call it 'Dope on a Rope". A nice 'calming' scent.....heh.

Anyway, just thought I'd bust right in and say thanks for the smile when I read about this silly thing. I'd think it'll be a big hit.

Martin

Oh....... you probably noticed my new avatar. Yeah, I know how you feel about that issue, but this is only till Easter is over with. The pic is one taken many many years ago of me when visiting a 'Haunted Easter Bunny House'. Yes, I was very little, and I guess the Werewolf Bunny was a little too spooky for me. These places have since been outlawed in most states.

9. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

"Dope on a Rope" :rofl

10. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

JoAnna, is it a sweet or bitter scent and is it a light or heavy scent? That would give us an idea of what type of beer it is intended to smell like. If I hear anything about a roasted malt scent I'm all over it!

11. Moe

Moe Active Member

How about a hops sent as an AS?

shavingidiot savant wrote: "I've heard of a few members looking for hops scented shaving cream"

Funny you say that, I have been thinking about tossing an ounce of hops together with a bottle of witch-hazel to see if I can cold infuse the sent for a after shave splash.

Anyone think that will work?

-Moe

12. Queen of Blades

I think I have one. Just haven't added it to the store.

13. Queen of Blades

It is sweet.

Heavy or light? <shrug> I dunno.

Yes, I know some folks are looking for hops scented shaving products. I'm fairly certain this won't fit that bill.

14. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Always wanted to, but never got around to it. It's looked too complicated and expensive every time I've done the research. But I've always wanted to attempt making my own version of Guinness.

As for the scent- all I can think of is the smell of spilled beer, common to all South Louisiana parish fairs and bars nation/ world wide. I don't think that's what you're talking about so I'd love to smell it first hand. Count me in.

15. Truckman

Truckman New Member

+1

Ms. Queen, please add my name to the consideration list....me likey beer!

16. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I threw up alot in college from beer! Especially expensive microbrews!

17. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Bong! Welcome back, my friend!

18. Queen of Blades

Not sure some of you understand what I'm looking for.

I want you to show me your knowledge of beer by discussing it. Just saying "I like beer" isn't gonna cut it. I need to know the testers I choose are going to be able to help me figure out what type of beer this FO smells like.

19. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Ughhhhh fineeeee. I prefer hefeweizen. Usually the unfiltered varieties. Magic makes a nice offering with Circus Boy. UFO is rather good as well. Surprisingly michelob makes some decent wheat beer with the Shock Top and lots of bars keep it on tap. Tasty with an orange slice. Ales aren't my thing but once in a while it wont hurt. Favorite was Steel Rail pale ale from BBC. IPAs just wind up being too bitter for me. Sierra Nevada = hate. I hate talking about beer. I Just like drinking it. Beer tends to be much more about taste, texture, and color in my personal opinion. Although this local brewery makes one beer that smells like poo but tastes like heaven.

20. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

no garlic wedding cake fragrance oil?