Schick 500 Question

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jimjo1031, Jan 13, 2019.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

A while back I got this Schick razor and have a question about it. I have seen Schick 500's, but all of them say 500 on the head. This has the Hydro-magic head, but no 500. Could this be an early Schick 500 before marking them on the heads? If it matters, it does say "Pat. Pending" on the bottom of the head.

esa.jpg
    esb.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Mine says Schick Golden 500 on it and is a HydroMagic.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frijolero and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I have several. Some have black handles and some have cream color handles. At least two say Eversharp HydroMagic on the head, one says Eversharp Schick on the head and several say Golden 500. I probably have at least five different types of cases too. You’ll find a good variety.
    I think the chrome head on one of mine might say 500 but it’s stashed away so it didn’t confirm it.

Frijolero, RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Mine looks just like Jim's @Jayaruh HydroMagic. No case to compare.
    Schick_Golden_500.gif
    Don't know if he still has it - I sent a yellow handled HydroMagic to Tom @twhite.
    I think it was stamped "Lady Schick".
    Lady Schick HydroMagic.gif

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Frijolero and jimjo1031 like this.
  5. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

The yellow one is a "L" type (rectangular handle)(1965-80). The one in the original post is a "J" type (round handle)(1958-64).

There was a black handle "L" type HydroMagic but all I've ever been able to get my hands on is a couple of the yellow ones.

RyX, Frijolero and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

You have a rare set. Congratulations and thanks for posting. I had never seen this case before. Didn't know Eversharp had a version. I have a Eversharp grey handle Krona and a Schick Krona that I am very proud to own.

brit, RyX and jimjo1031 like this.