Schick Adjustable

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by dadvest, Jul 26, 2011.

1. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

Just had my first shave with a Schick Adjustable. I was very pleased with the outcome! I used the Schick blades that were made in China. The were every bit as sharp as the Schick DE blades my dad used. Did a 3 pass shave and some touch ups on my jaw and head. BBS I should say! Another nice shaver for my collection.

2. Mattinnc

Mattinnc New Member

I have the dial razor .... which I think is what you are referring to. My dad made the injector blades in Milford, Connecticut. I have a few of these and a whole bunch of the German made blades ... which I've never tried.

Anything above the setting 6 is too aggressive for me .... but then again I use the sharpest blades I can get.

The dial Schick is in my top 4 "go to" razors. I use it on most shaves to clean up my nose and mouth areas since DE heads are unwieldy in my largish hands when shaving in these areas.

I wish everyone could try these razors to appreciate their quality and how well (and easily) they provide excellent shaves !!!

Matt

3. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

Wow that's cool that your dad used to make those blades! I really like all the Schick injector razors and have just purchased a 4 pack of the injector razors. I think these I have are being made in China. And your right, everyone should give them a try. I don't know what my setting is on because the dial indicator is missing so I just adjust and shave and then adjust again to get the best that I can get.