Schick E Question

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by jimjo1031, Aug 7, 2020.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

There is a seller claiming this type E is a rare one with an aluminum handle. I don't know, maybe @BBS might know................
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg

Ijustmissedthe50s, cliffb599 and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

being an eversharp i might say g.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  3. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

I’m no Expert but to me the handle looks Hinkie. With the discoloration on the handle ( where the handle meets metal ) looks like someone tried to Fix or pull a fast one. Might just be me.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and jimjo1031 like this.
  4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

It is an E3 with a painted and/or replacement handle. Now if the seller wanted to move it at a high price all he has to do is say it is custom cerakote paint job and someone will pay quadruple if not more for what is about a $10 razor in beat up condition like that.

5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Either that or say it was Earl Schieb's personal razor. With a paint job like that I doubt anyone would question the story.

Ijustmissedthe50s, Herm2502 and brit like this.
  6. jimjo1031

I agree that it's an E3 and the handle is rough. He claims it's a cast aluminum handle, forgot to say it was cast on my first post. And the box looks to be from a G.

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and cliffb599 like this.
  7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Whether it is a replacement handle cast aluminum or something else the surface coating certainly is not metal. Either way it is not some original piece and a curiousity at the most.

8. jimjo1031

yep..........

brit likes this.
  9. jimjo1031

The seller, which I've dealt with before, didn't know and took advice from someone about it being "rare". He'll be changing it and I told him to clean up the handle of marks, polish it and sell it as an E3 with custom handle.

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and cliffb599 like this.
  10. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I'd pass on it.

Herm

cliffb599, jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  11. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

If it wasn't for the E type head I might have guessed it was a 1948/49 Christmas special handle which had lost all it's gold plating. Just not a very pretty Schick IMO. :prrr: