Schick Injector loading difficulty...E2

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jim O, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Jim O

Jim O Well-Known Member

The first time I loaded this E2, the blade was not set at an even angle when I removed the blade injector. The blade edge was not parallel with the bar(?) I had to reinsert the injector part way so I could straighten out the blade. Not sure if I dulled the blade in the process. I'm going to install a new blade tonight and see what happens. Any advice?

I came across this older video. Look at the very first comment about problems with loading the F model. Is this comment correct?

2. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Not sure. The razor itself may be bent. Without blade, bars and head should be even.

Don't load an "open" head. It must be closed to properly load with blade injector.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

ChrisB and Jim O like this.
  3. Jim O

Jim O Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean by "open head". I have the E2, if that matters.

Herm2502 and brit like this.
  4. Jim O

Jim O Well-Known Member

Another weird thing happened this time. When I injected the new blade, the old blade only ejected half way. I had to pull it the rest of the way out with my fingers. I then had to pull back on the injector slide again to push the new blade all the way in. It went in straight this time, but it took two pushes on the slide to get it there.

Herm2502 and brit like this.
  5. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Sometimes when I load an injector and it works perfectly, I wonder how it is that other times it takes several cuss words to get the job done.

The new blades can be stuck together, the old blade can be stuck to the razor with dried soap, the injector can be slightly out of alignment, the operator can be uncoordinated (at my house at least), the thin slot where the blade comes out of the injector could be slightly pinched, etc.

I find the metal blade holders work better than the ones that are half plastic. I save empty metal ones just in case I have a plastic one that won't stay together so I can transfer the blades to the metal one.

Just remember to be very careful and not try to force a blade load. You will slice yourself before you can say "Oh, Schick".

PLANofMAN, Jim O and ChrisB like this.
  6. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Some early Schick Injectors had heads that could open for cleaning and had a lever on the handle. Some of the E's had it and some didn't. Make sure your blade injector key is aligned with your razor properly so the blade installs easily. Don't ever force the blade. You will possibly damage your razor, or cut yourself.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Herm2502, Jim O and ChrisB like this.
  7. Herm2502

The E2 head could open if the lock has the side tabs. Later injectors did not open. It must be closed to load a blade. This pic is not an E2, but it will give you the idea.[​IMG]

Jim O likes this.
  8. Jim O

Jim O Well-Known Member

Here's mine. It appears to have a tab underneath at the middle/top preventing it from opening. Am I right?
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/9QQDwQtxhp6iTTr26

9. Herm2502

That's not an E2. An E2 would only have I've side to the tab. Yours is maybe an E3 or later.

Here are pics of my E2.[​IMG][​IMG]

brit and Jim O like this.
  10. Jim O

Jim O Well-Known Member

My mistake. It's an E3.

Herm2502 likes this.
  11. Herm2502

Not a problem.