Schick injector type I

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jaro, Aug 1, 2019.

1. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Hello all. I got one of these today cleaned it up loaded blade lathered up and got probably the absolute Worst shave ever.. whats up with these I types??????? I am really thinking of seeing if someone has a razor that uses Feather AC blades that they want to trade for this razor. its in great shape I just don't think it's for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Hmmm... they're fine... damaged blade edge? "Worst shave of my life" comments usually result from injecting a blade in an empty razor (?).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    MPF9 likes this.
  3. jaro

nope had a blade in it was a new blade i injected and pushed out the old blade.. it just didnt want to cut but blades are good because i tried in a g type and fine and a m type and fine its just this razor i just dont like.....maybe i need to give it a little more time but i just dont know...

4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I had trouble getting my hands on one when I first started collecting. They seemed to be hard to find and too expensive. Eventually when I found one I was disappointed in the shave as well. Many months went by and one day I got it back out and gave it a try. I was amazed at how good a razor it had become just sitting idle in a drawer. The "I" type is now one of my favorite injectors.

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Look closely to make sure the blade stops are good and the blade is seated properly behind them. I was getting a rough shave from the long handle black injector (type J) that I got out of the travel box. Then I noticed on one side the blade was on top of the stop instead of behind it, because it's slightly worn. I pushed it back into place and now it shaves great.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    jmudrick likes this.
  6. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

New blade, right? Not from an Injector that came with the razor?

Sent from my iPhone using TappityTalk Pro

7. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the bad experience.

I had used my I1 in a while. I usually do if I'm in a rush. I consider it quite mild.

Hard for me to offer any help.

20190731_122912-1.jpeg

brit, jaro and PLAla like this.
  8. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

There first thing I would suggest is try another new blade. What brand of blades are you using? What type of blades do you prefer in a DE ?

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

brit and Edison Carter like this.
  9. jaro

no its a brand new blade

Edison Carter likes this.
  10. jaro

they are schick and they work great in my g type and m type

11. jaro

i used proraso red for the first time when i used it.

12. jaro

i have 3 different types of new blades and one vintage. i didnt use the vintage i used the new.