Schick repeater

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Mustache, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

Out visiting the antique stores today... Is this a good deal or no? I didn't take it out to look at it bit it does show signs of wear on the case/plating of the razor.
    [​IMG]

2. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

That looks like an old Schick type B repeater. The magazines are hard to get and expensive. I think $40 is too much money anyway. They are cool, but not that cool.

Mustache likes this.
  3. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

Good enough for me.. This was the first one I've seen in person in the wild so I wasn't sure about cost. I will leave it where it lays.

4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

They take modern injector blades just fine and are apparently really good shavers.
    $40 is on the high end of it in that condition. eBay have had a lot of them show up in the past month or so. Had it been priced at $20 and in working condition I would had bought it.

Mustache likes this.
  5. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

I thought these repeaters only took a magazine of blades. I am sorry about my incorrect information. My apologies Everyone.

6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

No you're right in that that's what they were designed for. People more clever than me figured out that they can also be used with modern blades :)

Morman Bridge likes this.