Schick Repeating Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Joshua223, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Joshua223

Joshua223 Member

Wanted to try a Schick SE and liked this design. Unfortunately it didn't have the sleeve, but the price wasn't too bad for the model. Checked with Gasman and he told me make sure it had the blade carrier or I would have to hunt down an old NOS tube of blades, so that was appreciated. Cleaned it up and loaded it with some old Schick blades I had. Too degraded to get a good shave. Anyway, here it is. :)

IMG_20220305_144507_copy_1024x1365.jpg

IMG_20220305_144600_copy_1365x1024.jpg

After cleaning.

IMG_20220305_232021_copy_1024x1365.jpg IMG_20220305_232043_copy_1365x1024.jpg

2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

It didn’t shave well?

3. Joshua223

Joshua223 Member

I just need new blades.

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Excellent. Great news.

5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I found mine to be aggressive.either that or the blades i used suck.

6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Sounds like the blades weren't seating correctly. None of the repeating razors are what one would call aggressive shavers. The only way to make them aggressive is to make the blade seat foward some so you get more blade edge on the face.

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

You can also hand load the blades if your repeater isn't working or you don't have a clip for the blades.

Joshua223 and Kilgore Trout like this.
  8. Joshua223

Joshua223 Member

I think I read somewhere the Repeating Razors were more aggressive than the injectors, if that is what you are comparing them to. If your blades were new, they should have been fine though.

9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

That's a rather broad generalization. My E2s are much more aggressive than my repeaters (and I have all of them).

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Joshua223 and Jorvaljr like this.
  10. Joshua223

Joshua223 Member

If you've tried them all, then you would know. I'm pretty new to Schicks SE's in general, so thanks for the info. :)

11. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I have C2 repeater and do find it on the aggressive side, but not more than a type E.

12. Joshua223

Joshua223 Member

Should anything be done to clean the thin slot in the handle the blade goes through? Or will cycling blades through it be enough?

13. Joshua223

Joshua223 Member

Since you guys have used them. Should anything be done to clean the thin slot in the handle the blade goes through? Or will cycling blades through it be enough?

Aztecmike likes this.
  14. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

There should be no need to clean out that slot. A word of CAUTION though... I usually hand load all of my repeating razors because there is a slight chance that you will get a jam at that slot if two blades are pushed through at the same time as I believe modern injector blades are a little thinner than the original blades these repeating razors were designed for. If you do get a razor blade jammed they can be a real pain in the ass to get un-jammed especially on the Schick Type B's is what I've heard. That being said, they are really neat to use in their intended fashion even if there is a risk of a jam. One way to cut down on that risk is to only load one blade into the tray at a time.

Joshua223 likes this.
  15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

My C2 repeater still has the original blades in the magazine. I use Personna PTFE blades and when needing another blade, I will load it by placing it in the magazine. So far no problems loading a fresh blade.

Aztecmike and Joshua223 like this.
  16. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Yup one of my Bs has a blade or two stuck in the slot (came that way).

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Aztecmike likes this.