Schick Twin Injector Performance with Twin Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Billyfergie, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Schick Twin Injector Blades...:cool:
    [​IMG]
    The Smooth All over BBS Result of Twin Blades....:p
    [​IMG]
    Schick Twin Blade Adjustable ...:eek:
    [​IMG]
    A few of the boys recently purchased some NOS Schick Twin Injector Blades and I was asked how these Blades performed...I have done a lot of rambling on about NOS Injector Blades in the past ...This thread is more about the subject area of the performance of Twin Injector Blades in Schick Twin Injectors than the performance of NOS Injector Blades Per Se...Therefore, I thought it deserved a thread in its own right...Bearing in mind that Schick Twin Injector Blades are currently available from EBay....In other words they are not a thing of the past because they are very popular in Japan ...:cool:

I have just sat down after the Twin Injector Blade shave of my life..I had a 3 passer shaving routine with my Schick Twin Blade Adjustable using NOS Personna Twin Injector Blades....I ended up with a really smooth irritation free most perfect all over BBS Result..:p

I have only started to use Twin Injector Blades recently and I must say that I am of the opinion that any Schick Twin Blade Injector is only "Firing on One Cylinder" without them....Every Schick Injector that was made after the Schick G Type that did "not have the Rinsing Lever Function" was primary designed and marketed to use Twin Injector Blades...:)

I have used the Schick Twin Blade Adjustable with NOS Single Schick Platinum Plus Blades and it performs very well indeed....So what's the Big Deal ?...:eek:.....Well...for me....The Schick Twin Blade Adjustable performs a lot smoother and dare I say it a lot better with Twin Blades and for me that's a big deal because its not only applicable to the Adjustable but all other Schick Injectors that were designed to perform and shave at their maximum potential with Twin Injector Blades....:cool:

I have found that Twin Injector Blades offer a very smooth ride because they are a lot thinner than single blades ..Its very hard to feel them when using a feather like touch and you don't have to use anymore than a feather like touch....I find that I have to use a Tad of pressure when using Standard Single Injector Blades and that's fine but I think you will find the journey is more than a Tad more smoother utilizing twin blades in your Schick Twin injector razor...;)

I would go as far as suggesting that you are only "Firing on one Cylinder" using Standard Single blades in your Schick Twin Injector Razor...Of course we don't need Twin Blades as One Blade will suffice and that's fine and Dandy...I don't need more than One Cylinder in my motorcycle either but it sure as hell has more Horsepower with Two Cylinders and its a Smoother Ride....:D
    You don't know what you are missing...:chores016:

Billy

2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks for that write-up.
    I have 60 of those blades sitting on the shelf. Really looking forward to trying mine out.
    (Btw, that same seller is back now and this time he is offering smaller batches as well of 30 blades).

billdog2 and Billyfergie like this.
  3. Billyfergie

Yeah I saw that...He has also got batches of 200 up for grabs as well....Great group buy that Sir...:chores016:

Billy

GDCarrington likes this.
  4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

The vintage Twin injectors work very well. Glad to see that you enjoyed them!

Billyfergie likes this.
  5. Billyfergie

The Dogs Danglies Sir....:chores016:

Billy

Darkbulb and GDCarrington like this.
  6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Billyfergie likes this.
  7. Billyfergie

Your words sum it up well I think Sir....:cool:

"Because the Twin Injector blade tends to be a "rare bird" in the overall traditional shaving realm we will treat them as SEs as well because it behaves like an amplified single edge rather than two distinct blades".....;)
    Couldn't have put that better myself my friend...:chores016:

Billy

GDCarrington likes this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Excellent Billy!

Billyfergie likes this.
  9. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

Where did you buy the twin blades? I can`t seem to find any. Will they fit in my J1? Thanks in advance, Bill

Billyfergie likes this.
  10. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thanks for the valuable information. :happy096:I had no idea the twin injector blades could be used in Schick injectors after the G Type. What are the twin blade choices available today???

Billyfergie and billdog2 like this.
  11. Billyfergie

Boojum1 likes this.
  12. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just got a G1 and the top plate that rests on the blade was crooked, so I moved the spring to one side(which made it straight) but now I have sizable gap between the top plate and the blade..... so I thought maybe two blades would fill the gap, am I naive or just plain dumb? Thought I would try it, but I need some twin blades.... ain`t life fun, sincerely, Bill

Billyfergie likes this.
  13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

@Billyfergie might know as it was his cousin selling 'em ;)

Billyfergie likes this.
  14. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Nice write up - I've been wondering just what exactly a twin blade is and if they were only for a certain razor. From what you are saying - putting them in my I1 would be a perfectly natural (maybe even desirable) thing to do, right?

I'm guessing I should go spend more time on eBay now. Good thing they don't charge by the minute for looking. :rofl:

Karl

Billyfergie likes this.
  15. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I got mine 2 weeks ago and it came with 2 blades. It does shave really nice with the twin blade(s). The Japanese blades are a tad expensive $16-$25 for ten. I found the NOS blades 4 packs of 5 for $22 with shipping. I'm going to wait until this first blade is shot and try a single blade for comparison before I by anymore twin blades. I've always gotten great shaves with them so now I'm going to see the difference. In comparison I bought 200 Feather PROs for $85 and 70 Chicks for $29. So I guess it comes down to whether or not I want another blade system......

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    Billyfergie likes this.
  16. Redfisher

17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I have to ask. Are these for your Mongoose? If so, can you PM with a link of where you got that price.

18. Redfisher

Yeah they're for the Goose. I'm going to look that up and will get back to you shortly.

19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Cool, I prefer the Super Pro but at $23 for 200 for Feather Pro I would have to go with them.

Billyfergie and CyanideMetal like this.
  20. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here