SCORE!!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Heloguy, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

I just won a 1970 P2 Gillette super adjustable-Black Beauty on that auction site.
    It's my birth year razor, and judging by the pictures it looks to be in really nice shape, and it's the short handle which is what I preferred.
    I know I over paid ($47) but I don't care. I lost out on one about a month ago because I couldn't re bid in time and lost it at the last second. I want going to lose another one!
    Anyway, I just wanted to let all you RAD infected brothers and sisters out there know that I made a score.
    Only you guys can appreciate this story. If I tell anyone else, they'll have me committed!

2. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Nice. Super adjustables really seem to be bringing some hefty prices. I've been trying to get hold of one myself and had no luck. Congrats.

3. Heloguy

Yeah, you're right. There's a couple out there right now that look terrible, yet they're getting top dollar for them.
    I guess the wet shaving secret is out, and people are capitalizing.
    Supply and demand, baby. God Bless America!

FacialCarnage likes this.
  4. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

I have noticed that also, razors that I was buying for $7-8 a few months ago are going for $14-20 now.

5. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Men are finally catching on to axe/Gillette/Schick multi blade crap.

Wet shaving is the way to go. :)

Heloguy likes this.
  6. gunslinger1108

gunslinger1108 Active Member

Yeah I notice the slims are going for much more than they were a few months ago. Picked one up for $15 now they are going for in the higher $20's.

Congrats on getting yourself a birth year razor.

Heloguy likes this.
  7. srpavko

srpavko Fastrak Super Duty Hustler

I paid about that for mine, and I think I know who you bought it from. Was there a pack of shark blades in the pic?

Your gonna love it!

Heloguy likes this.
  8. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Woot! Happy Birthyear Razor to You! :wave:

Heloguy likes this.
  9. damarico73

damarico73 Member

Congrats. What is the site for the auction? I think that's a pretty good idea to get one that is your birth year.

Heloguy likes this.
  10. damarico73

damarico73 Member

11. damarico73

damarico73 Member

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Congrats Heloguy. Those are good razors. I bought one (long handle) about 8 months ago and I love it. I have noticed that the prices have gone up a fair bit, since I got mine.

Heloguy likes this.
  13. Heloguy

No shark blades. It's coming from Washington state. The seller shipped it already. I'm hoping to shave with it this weekend.

14. Heloguy

Thanks. It was also the 2nd quarter.(P2) I passed on quite a few P3's and P1's going to get it exactly right.
    Almost forgot, it was Ebay.

15. Heloguy

16. Heloguy

here are the pictures. Theyre too small. i"ll take better ones when i get it.

Attached Files:

southernscribbler likes this.
  17. damarico73

damarico73 Member

I'm gonna wait until I get back from deployment. Also, got my EJ89LBL in today!!!:bounce017: I will let you all know how it goes.

Heloguy and ohpaos like this.
  18. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Hey, sexy lady!
    Op op op op oppan Gillette Style
    Hey, sexy lady!
    Op op op op
    Eh eh eh eh eh :p. :scared003:

damarico73 and Heloguy like this.
  19. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I was bidding on that too heloguy. Crazy right?

20. Heloguy

keep safe out there. WATCH YOUR BACK!!!
    And make sure you are very careful if you are wet shaving underway. you might come out the head looking like a pepperoni pizza if there are rough seas.

ohpaos likes this.