Secret Santa 2016!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by macaronus, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Thank you for being the Queen of TSD! May 2017 bring only the best to you and yours!

Long live the Queen!

2. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Got my secret Santa gift today! Ten 1 oz pucks of Stirling. This should be enough to keep me from needing to buy any new soaps in 2017, but still have a good variety. Thank you Santa! Can't wait to try one tomorrow.
    IMG_5382.JPG

3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Awesome. Those samples last forever. Great variety!

4. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Cool gift!
    Should we expect a review of each of the soaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I have one two oz tin that was empty, so I started with Pharoh's Dreamsicle this morning. I have 18 other soaps, so my plan is to add these to the rotation one at a time until I work through them. Performance should be good on all of them, if I can get the water ratio right. I am hoping to get through at least half of them in 2017.

6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Just remember Stirling is seriouly thirsty soap. You almost can't break it. I like a thinner, shiny lather anyway, but from what I have read, it is a wet shaver's dream. Just add water slowly, and this will make as shiny slick a lather as anything.

SUPER fun gift.

macaronus and Drygulch like this.
  7. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Yes, Stirling can definitely take lots and lots of water. My Stirling experience isn't as deep as Jared's, but from using Stirling Barbershop for a whole month last October, I found that you could use a LOT of water successfully. Great gift to you @Drygulch!

Drygulch and PickledNorthern like this.
  8. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I had two tins of it last year, and couldn't get the ratio right with my badger brush, but haven't had any issues with my boar. It takes about twice as much water as TSD soap. I used it this morning, and it was awesome.

macaronus, PickledNorthern and PLAla like this.
  9. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

It is maybe the thirstiest soap I own. Or at least I don't know of one thirstier. If you are a hurry up type shaver, I can see why it isn't a guy's favorite, cause it wants attention. And water.

But it loves to make runny gloop that holds forever, but can still sustain peaks.

[​IMG]

10. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Look....a faaabulous brush... :lyrtuy5: