Seeking Razor Information Enders Speed Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by wmbjr, Aug 10, 2015.

1. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

My amazing Fiancee brought home two antique store finds that she got for pretty cheap. One is aDe Haven Diplomat, which I will show in a different thread.

The other is this Enders Speed Razor.

20150810_132108a.jpg
    It appears in decent shape. Unfortunately it looks like it uses proprietary blades and the ones it came with are incredibly rusty. It included the case, razor, and blades seen above as well as a neat little advertisement/info sheet.

20150810_131801a.jpg

I like the claim of "You couldn't go wrong or hold it at an incorrect angle -- even if you tried." The back of the sheet had instructions

20150810_131825a.jpg

Overall, I love the shape of the razor's handle, the wave looks unique.

20150810_132200a.jpg

Any information on the razor and especially finding blades that will work would be much appreciated!

preidy and hippiebrian like this.
  2. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Yeah we should be able to sort that out with a bit of imagination & creativity.....No problem Sir....;)

There are Three ways to go about this.....:happy088:

Option 1...Modify a De - Spined Gem Blade by cutting it to fit with a sharp pair of heavy scissors...:)
    Now this is relatively easy & not very time consuming once you get the first one made to use as a template

See this link....A recent job of mine using this method......:p
    http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/usa-penn-safety-razor-from-paperweight-to-shave-ready.46317/

Option 2....Cut the front section from the Proprietary blade the same width of a standard injector blade & use it as a backing/spacer to seat the injector blade...:cool:.
    As I understand it the Proprietary blade is the same width as a current injector blade ...

Option 3...Use a piece of plastic sheet/strip the same thickness of the proprietary blade and use it as a backing/spacer to seat the injector blade...:)

See this link ....A job of Joes on a Kriss Kross SE using this method....:cool:
    http://theoriginalsafetytoo.com/thread/1763/kriss-kross-razor

I would personally go for the second or third option as once the modification is done you only have to replace the injector blade instead of continually cutting a number of Gem blades to fit the razor...These old SEs shave better than they ever did in their lives with an injector blade that's for sure.....These modifications are not as hard as they sound...;)
    Hope this helps...:chores016:

Billy

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    wmbjr and gorgo2 like this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Billyfergie likes this.
  4. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Yeah, I have learned a lot from my friend Joe.....He has adapted many SEs to take current modified blades...:chores016:

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    :signs021:

wmbjr and Billyfergie like this.