Seems I've hit upon a great combo

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Shamrock, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

This was my second day using a Merkur 23C (W/Weber Bulldog handle) and Viking Sword blade combo. As a preshave, I washed my face with hot water and Captain's Choice soap, then applied a home made PSO. I used RazoRock ABCDA soap, and for the second straight day I ended with a BBS shave...and it was a quicker shave at that. Lucky or not, it's been a good couple days in shave land. :)

This forum has done wonders to accelerate my learning curve concerning wet shaving, and I appreciate the generosity of advice and product that goes on daily here.

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nice!

Shamrock likes this.
  3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

ahhh… the 'magic' combo that leads to BBS shaving nirvana!
    Stick with it a while (the combo) and then you will begin to notice the suble differences when you go another blade, or use the blades in another razor.

macaronus and Shamrock like this.
  4. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

Thanks HolyRollah - I was thinking the same thing...nice to get confirmation

5. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Isn't it nice when it all comes together?

Shamrock likes this.
  6. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

It's a type of Nirvanah. I've had a BBS shave here and there since I started wet shaving, but this is the first back to back occurance, and the first with the same blade.

Bobcat likes this.
  7. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

OK, I'm a week and a half into using the Viking Sword exclusively - 2 blades so far, 6 face shaves and 3 head shaves, with every one of them having been BBS and comfortable. I thnk I'll continue with this setup for a month and see if the shaves continue in this way, but I have a really good feeling about it since I've had the same experience on 2 different blades at this time.

178-bplatoon, Dark Vapor and Bobcat like this.
  8. DaveL

DaveL Active Member

It's always great when the sun, moon and stars align and a great shave ensues.

Shamrock likes this.
  9. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

10. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

Thanks Bobcat, I've found the exact same thing about the Vikings over the last couple weeks of using them exclusively. In fact, I like them so much, that I've paused my testing of other blades, and have purchased my first "bulk" order as well; based on the price and quantity quoted, probably from the same place. So far, I have nothing to complain about with these blades... only good things to say.

Thanks for the link to the other topic, it is much appreciated.

11. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Great blade! I can get 6 great shaves and 1 good on one blade. Love it. Have a bit over 600 stockpiled, it's my most favorite blade.

jeraldgordon likes this.
  12. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I'm glad if my suggestion helped you any Bob....I just recieved another 100 Viking's today myself, slowly building up my stash, to bad price jumped before I did.......:happy097:

Thats what this place is all about Shamrock helping each other and advancing the cause.....:happy088:
    The weight and knurling on that Weber BullDog is "STELLAR" isn't it!!!:shaver

Shamrock likes this.
  13. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

I love the Weber Bulldog - as you said, both the weight and the knurling are stellar! Have a few other handles to test, but I haven't wanted to remove the Weber since the day I installed it on the razor LOL.

14. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I've found one other handle that I like as much or maybe more than the Weber BullDog...That would be the Sabi T2 handle...If only it were stainless steel..:)

Shamrock likes this.
  15. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on