Semogue 1460

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Johnny, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

This little Semogue 1460 is turning out to be one of my favorite Semogue brushes. Even with its shorter loft (compared to the 1305 and SOC) it works up a great lather in my DB 1.5 using both MWF and Proraso soaps. If one is looking for a good small brush, I highly recommend you give the Semogue 1460 a try.

Photo1435 copy.jpg

2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

DOH I just bought a 1520 to compliment my Omega boar...it is a beautiful brush though! I'm partial to the dyed ones though for some reason.

3. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

It might just be me, but I find the un-dyed boar works up a better lather and holds it longer than the dyed ones. I guess that is why they make so many different brushes, to please us all.

wknicholas and Slipperyjoe like this.
  4. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

A fine looking brush. I am concerned about wooden handles though getting water damage up next to the bristles.. it happened on my omega beechwood. This one's painted not stained like my Omega.. maybe that can hold up better. But I have heard water damage is a problem for the wooden handled brushes...

5. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I've read a few times that the best thing to do is use some clear sealer...

6. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

I am looking to adding another brush to my rotation. This review makes the decision even harder, it is toss up between a boar and a Vie Long horse hair:signs002:

7. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Would not the ring help in that issue?

8. wknicholas

wknicholas Well-Known Member

I dunno, Johnny - but dyeing boar bristles to look like badger hair seems kinda silly. :confused:

Sodapopjones and CyanideMetal like this.
  9. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I agree Nick.

wknicholas likes this.
  10. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

I have the 1470 which is the same brush but an unpainted handle. I think it is one of the cheapest brushes in the Semogue range. It is a fantastic little brush. I found it much easier to break in than Omega brushes of a similar size.

11. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Well it looks pretty classy that's for sure.

12. Pedro Giron

Pedro Giron Active Member

I´ve got the similar 1438 and I love it it´s just enought for two passes an confort.
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is my first post.
    Thank you for read me.
    Pedro Giron
    Madrid- España-

PLANofMAN and Mechguy like this.
  13. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Pedro, nice picture and welcome to TSD. I also have a 1438 but get better results from the 1460. We all have different likes.

14. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Well, speaking strictly boar, my Semogue brushes work as well as or better than my two Omega boars. Have had no experience with badger in either of these brands.

15. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Well that's good to hear, hopefully the paint holds up.

16. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Well if not, they will go to Little Boy Blues paint and body shop. :)

Sodapopjones likes this.
  17. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Don't know how I missed this thread, but I had a 1470 for a while. I just found it too stiff and small for my tastes and passed it on to a friend looking for a travel brush. I much prefer the slightly larger OC boar or the considerably larger 2000.

I may have to revisit the little guy sometime.