Semogue Boar Hair Brush Which one do I buy?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Mo5-O, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Mo5-O

Mo5-O New Member

Any opinions on what Semogue boar brush to buy?

2. geogaga

geogaga Member

Semogue 1305

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

The one that catches your eye. If you don`t like how it looks, you won`t use it.
    I have the 2000. I had the problem many 2000 owners have - the finish flaking off. I sanded it down, stained it, then put on several coats of poly. The handle looks great.

4. Jackliquor

Jackliquor New Member

5. swarden43

(I had to come back and finish this. I was trying to send it from my phone - still not that good at these new fangled gizmos.)

As for the business end of the 2000, it has broken in very nicely. It's very soft at the tips with plenty of back bone. Can't say that it has shed much at all, if any.

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I have the 1305 and the 2009 LE. The 1305 is a great brush for what I paid for it. However, the prices have gone up considerably since I purchased my brush. I am not sure that I would have purchased the 1305 today. Was it worth the price I paid then? YES Is it worth the price it costs now, hmmmm... I am not sure I would be as happy with the brush if I had paid that much.

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Yeah, I believe I got mine after the price increase. That's part of the reason my opinion of the brush, and therefore the company, is not very good.

8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I thought it was the shape of the handle that you found disturbing. Or was that the 2015?

9. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Why is it that after I read that, I pictured in my mind JoAnna in the Darth Vader suit holding a 1305 (or 2015) in her hand saying "I find your shape of handle disturbing" :happy102

GDCarrington likes this.
  10. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

cuz you're one sick, warped puppy... like the rest of us.

11. Mo5-O

Mo5-O New Member

Thanks for all the help guys....

12. Dandaman

Dandaman Member

I just got the owner's club brush & I'm liking it so far. I already had a 1305 but this brush seems better in three ways: more density, no fake banding coloration, and a non-painted handle (while the 1305 is handsome, I dropped it once and a big chunk of white paint came off revealing green underneath). So far it's really lathering nicely. I made a couple of test lathers and dried it with a blowdryer to hasten splitting the tips.

13. newb

newb Resident Newb

I have the 620, it's a good brush. I think it's a little too expensive for boar, but if you want a Semogue, it's a good choice.

14. Destutt de tracy

Destutt de tracy New Member

I have just placed an order to vintage scent for the 2000! I'm raving about getting it!

15. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Caravella and SOC and you are set for life until a badger sneaks in.lol

16. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

That adds fuel to the current PIIGS situation....read inflation

17. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

The 2000 is a great brush. Enjoy it.

The first few lathers may be less than optimal, but after that it is a champ.

18. Nunatak

Nunatak New Member

I've had the 1305 for a couple of weeks (it's my first boar), and I really like it. It's breaking in really fast! Way more comfortable than I've been led to believe a boar brush is supposed to be. The only problem I have with it is the fake banding on the bristles. God I hate that!

19. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

Any pictures of your finished product?

20. swarden43

Boy, you're digging way back! Check it out here.