Semogue brush

Discussion in 'Shaving Brush Reviews' started by redorchestra, Oct 31, 2008.

1. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

I don't have a lot to compare it to.
    My only other brush is a Vulfix, and I used a boar brush from the bodyshop until it fell apart. here it goes

It came packed in a no nonsense folded clear plastic box. I wish I saved it because it was light and strong.
    There was a definate smell to the brush. Chemically beast is how I would describe it. I washed it with some shampoo and the chemical went away and there was a faint scent of beast. That scent was gone in a week.

The tips of the brush are velvety soft. It has a nicer feel than the Vulfix, which has always felt scratchy to me. The hairs were straight when it arrived. They now have slight wave. Not as much wave and curl as the vulfix.

It is much denser than the vulfix. It lathers at the top of the brush. The brush doesn't splay out when I apply it to my face. Not floppy at all. When I rinse it out, I need to rinse shake rinse shake, 3 times to get all the soap out. It whips up creams and soaps with ease. l lather on face and it does a great job.

For the price I think I got a great brush. I'd buy another before another vulfix.

I gave it a low score on the luxury because of the light coloured oak. Dark wood says luxury to me. The wood looks great though.

I can't say much about the quality yet. To me quality means longevity, but it looks like it will stand the test of time.

Any questions?