Sensor Blade Handle

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by chasro, Jan 12, 2010.

1. chasro

chasro Member

I recently bought both the Gillette Mach 3 and the Gillette Sensor (I've been a Schick Quattro user for years).

I feel like I have more control shaving with the Sensor, but I hate the itself. It feels too skinny. Both the Mach 3 and the Quattro feel better in my hand.

I know there are multiple blade options for the Mach 3, but it is available for the Sensor? I'd like something is nice, but not too expensive.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Wish I had more to point you to, but just a quick check shows these.

Does that look Sensor cartridge compatible?

3. sas71

sas71 Member

scroll down about 3/4 of the way. its the brushed steel handle. there are a few more on the page youll just have to look. its hefty at 4oz to.
    http://www.thegentsshop.com/store/gillette.html

Shavemac makes custom to order handles but by the time you add in shipping you are over $75

Edwin Jagger used to make one but that darn thing was $90

i plan on getting the brushed steel handle at the link above at some point since i like the Sensor just about the best of the cartridges ive used.

4. michiganlover

michiganlover Member

Take a look here:

http://www.emsplace.com/shaving/razors.aspx

Probably the largest selection of Sensor handles available, some of them quite expensive. The ones that are available as the Sensor will have a Sensor radio button, or say "sensor available" in the description text. :cool:

5. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I would think one of the wood turners here could do a custom handle at a reasonable price.

6. Catman51

Catman51 New Member

7. xmixahlx

xmixahlx New Member

you can use both the sensor and sensor excel blades.

i, too am (was!) a sensor shaver and never liked the 3(+) razor blade systems - always made my face feel dry/burned

honestly, i actually like/don't-mind the first excel shave (with just 1 or 2 days of growth) but after that it goes downhill quickly.