serious??

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Hanspleasure, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

2. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

The value is whatever someone is willing to pay.

3. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Then the value is $10, cuz thats all I'm willing to pay:D

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Crazy. Just crazy.

5. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Not to beat the dead horse, but I imagine it's as serious as this.

6. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

And look who the seller is on that one...:rolleyes:

7. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Wow, that's one high priced Sheraton! :eek:

I keep hoping that some day very soon the market for these replated razors will be saturated and the re plater will cease and desist these corruptions. I still have hope but the prices and number of bids are depressing to say the least.

8. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

As long as the seller is forthright about what he is selling I don't have a problem with marketing restored razors. It's done with everything else from cars to furniture to refrigerators.

9. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I don't want to get into a re plate vs. restoration debate here. They are not restored, they have been significantly altered from original and I fear that some day they will be re sold on eBay alongside originals.

I have no problem with someone re plating razors and selling them as such as long as they are marked as un original. A quick stamp or mark under head or in the blade tray would alleviate all my concerns, but this seller and another here refuse to do this simple ethical step.

10. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

I never thought about that Chris... really good point.
    As far the $226 Sheraton.. I bought this one for $10, maybe $12 last year.

Attached Files:

11. riffin

riffin Active Member

I agree with you there. Truth in labeling. People who want replated will know that what they are getting and the pool of HQ original plating will remain authentic.

As for the Sherton, it's claimed to be MIB. I don't know it that makes it worth $226. Certainly not to me (or It would be mine MINE ALL MINE!!! HAHAHHA!...sorry). If true, it would be worth a bit more than usual. Aren't they a bit rare? Open comb and covered centering bar?

12. mr-razor

mr-razor Well-Known Member

Why do you have british blades in a US-set? ;)

13. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Good point. That means it's value just dropped to $5.00! :happy102

14. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

That's a good question.. makes me wonder where the razor traveled over the years?