Shave Butter?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Kamen Tenshi, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Kamen Tenshi

Kamen Tenshi Going #1

Before switch to wet shaving I got the dollar shave club razors to test out and they sent me some Dr carter's shave butter as a sample and I absolutely hated it. I tore my face up shaving with it. However I was also using a cart and I normally always tore my face up. Walking in big lots I saw a 4 dollar kit. uploadfromtaptalk1446914384176.jpg I really liked the brush handle although to knot is horrible and I'd rather use my cheap VDH boar brush than this one (which, I actually enjoy my boar brush)
    My question is if anyone here uses shave butter and what you opinion is about it. I tried a practice lather and it doesn't lather like a soap so using it kind of scares me.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  2. kurtmill

kurtmill Active Member

I've never heard of shave butter, and all I can think of is the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer started shaving with butter.

3. Kamen Tenshi

Kamen Tenshi Going #1

It's very similar

4. lance3114

lance3114 Member

I have actually used the dr Carver's shave butter with a DE. I thought it gave a good shave. I kept thinking i would use it when I'm in a hurry but that was a year ago and haven't used it since. I remember really liking the post shave feel, protection was lacking a bit.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I use the VDH Shave Butter as a pre-shave with a hot towel. Don't think I'd use it to actually shave with