Shave Cream Bargain

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Vlasta, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Always in the lookout for shave stuff. Found these in supermarket in India. [​IMG] 97 cents each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit, MR41, Michael W and 6 others like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've thought about ordering both of those. Not sure why they aren't on the shelf here in the USA.

Let us know how they perform, both lather & scent.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

Vlasta likes this.
  3. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Will do. I just could not resist even though I have way too many creams - heck even if I use them once...

RyX likes this.
  4. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I am going to have a giveaway on my YouTube channel to celebrate 100 subs - maybe I give some of these away and some of my other, unused, creams...

RyX likes this.
  5. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I just read the tube on the Old Spice original one it says on the back "For gentlemen with exceptional taste in scents, rugs and TV shows. Your hands were not made to carry shopping bags or stroke furry kittens however cute they may be. No, your hands were made so you can sculpt statues of yourself. Or squeeze out a handsome amount of this smooth, man-friendly tube of Old Spice Shaving Cream. Buy it and all else will be forgotten".

Zykris, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

that must have been written by the same guy writing their tv commercials. Hilariously funny.

RyX and Vlasta like this.
  7. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I could not resist and did a test lather with each tube. Both lathered well and easily - about a teaspoon of cream gave a massive amount of lather, slick, stable and easily good enough to shave with. Here is my review.

Original Old Spice

No discernible Old Spice scent, just a feint soapy smell. Usable but not the nice, spicy, deal that I was expecting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fresh Lime

The box advises: "Like a holiday on an island with rows of ripe coconut trees - except the coconuts are ridiculously sized limes"

Seriously - if Limes smell like my feet then hell yeah... Totally not nice. I will be binning this one

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PanChango, RyX and Jim99 like this.
  8. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    They were both so bad I left them in the room when I left.

BigMark83 likes this.
  9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Vlasta, it's worth the extra effort to find one on ebay. One of the great shave soaps.

Vlasta likes this.
  10. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Maybe this Indian version is just not good. A solid soap may be better.

Frijolero likes this.
  11. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

That was my experience. I ordered one of each on ebay a couple of years ago. I thought the smell was vile. I gave them both away.

Vlasta likes this.
  12. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Well, there’s two I won’t be buying. But I love the brush and bowl you used in the pics. Is the brush a Rubberset? What does the bowl look like?

Vlasta and RyX like this.
  13. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Hi the brush is one that I make called the Alpha T-400 and they are now for sale. You can see more of the brush at my ETSY store. Just follow the link in my signature. If and when you purchase let me know you are a TSD member (message me through ETSY) and you will get 10% off the store price.

The bowl is a dollar store buy!! Seriously the cheapest stainless bowl I could find!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    RyX likes this.