Shave Den Sunday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Douglas Carey, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

wow...Clubman to follow the TSD Lanolin.....winning combination, that.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  2. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

OK...things have gotten a bit out of hand here....I went to Academy this morning and bought a cheap-o Plano 4-gun case for 15 bucks. My middle grandson's 10 (or 11, I can't recollect), so it's time I packed up a few razors and passed them on to him (his daddy, my son, can have a field day playing with them until the boy starts shaving himself). But there's only so much room when you're a boarder...maybe, when I grow up, I'll get my own place.

[​IMG]

Say, maybe this is a blessing in disguise. If I get rid of 30 or so razors, that means I have room for more! Win-win!

And here's what I'm reduced to...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  3. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Yesterdays Shave:

Fatip Grande/ Wilkinson Sword blade
    TSD London Type Soap and Aftersahave
    JR #53 Brush

[​IMG]

4. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Ahead of schedule this week! Set up tomorrow's shave, let's see what we have here!:

[​IMG]

The soap is the Iced SubZero, I got it in last week, and have been enjoying it since! @Queen of Blades

The other items I have received from members of the forum, except the alum block, so I wanted to include as many as I could in this shave. First is the brush, from @Jayaruh, JR#53. Hand carved Rubberset 400 pattern with synthetic knot. He also sent me the lather bowl. I usually face lather, but I'll use the jello tin tomorrow.

The SR, which @HolyRollah restored for me a short while ago is my only straight thus far. I have yet to master this art, but have been running a first pass on mornings I have time. (The bench strop, I made myself, so I guess that counts as being from a TSD member)

After I have closed in on my chin with the SR, I'll switch to the Schick Krona. I was lucky enough to score this off of the second TSD raffle. I'll load it with a Wilkinson Sword blade that was part of a PiF from @PickledNorthern. I don't know which version this blade is, but I find it to be very sharp, and not uncomfortable as a result.

Anywho, I'll finish with the OS, which was also a raffle win, aren't I lucky? Both the OS and Krona were donated by @Omaney . The telescope decanter was from the third raffle.

Just a friendly reminder, TSD Shop is still open, so get what you want, while you still can!

http://www.theshavedenshop.com/index.php

Enjoy the rest of your weekend guys and gals!

5. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

9-4-16
    Shave Den Sunday

09-03-16JPG.JPG
    Still my favorite TSD set-up!
    Long live the Queen!

6. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I love the scent of Barber Shoppe, and it's a great performer.
    IMG_5093.JPG

Jorvaljr, Robyflexx, Jayaruh and 3 others like this.
  7. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Beautiful gear Adam! :)

8. Paul Turner

Too late for today, but now that I have my TSD Shop items, I better use them each Sunday! :)

Demidog and Douglas Carey like this.
  9. Paul Turner

You got Yin-Yang? I got Russian Leather. We're happy.

10. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

My shave for today .
    IMG_3910.jpg
    The shave with this razor was fantastic ! I don't know much about it other than it's a thin handle Canadian Gillette. This soap is now my worst performing soap. The lather just is not there. It's very thin and airy. I keep loading it and I can't get it to thicken.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    Drygulch and Robyflexx like this.
  11. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I have good luck building the lather in a bowl, and adding a little water at a time, and working the lather until it gets thick. Its definitely one of the trickier soaps I have to get a good lather with, but the post shave feel makes it worth the effort IMO.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    Jorvaljr and Robyflexx like this.