Shave everyday?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by James_P, Dec 10, 2017.

1. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I normally shave 5 days a week. If you try and chase the BBS especially on your neck, you are asking for trouble. Go for a clean irritation free shave. As your skill improves so will the shaves. I do two passes at best. No one will notice is there is a slight bit of stubble on your neck.

GatorJoe, RyX, James_P and 1 other person like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Oooouuuch! I feel your pain ... been there done that. For me it wasn't so much the cut that hurt, but the waiting for it to heal ... and the aftershave. :angry019: :happy097:

RyX, Keithmax and James_P like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Wise words.

RyX, battle.munky and James_P like this.
  4. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I usually shave every other day. That being said I would have no problem shaving every day if I needed to. My shaves are smooth enough that I experience little to no irritation.

RyX and James_P like this.
  5. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

I used to not shave on weekends 'cause that's my chill-out time. But, the older I get the more haggard I look without shaving, so I now go 7 days/week.

I only do 2 passes, so irritation doesn't get to me. Similar to others' experience, if I went for a BBS-type shave regularly it would be too much for my skin on an every-day basis.

RyX and James_P like this.
  6. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I've been getting near-BBS, and it's over 12 hours before I can even think about feeling any stubble. When I do shave every *night*, it's because I like shaving now. But since I work in a hole in the ground, and no one ever sees me but my boss, I can skip a day without any repercussions. And I get no irritation if I do skip a day.

RyX, James_P and battle.munky like this.
  7. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I shave every day except weekends during the summer (camping). Its rare for me to get irritation.

James_P likes this.
  8. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I shave daily, but I'll occasionally miss a day. I normally perform two passes plus a few touch-ups. I typically don't chase the baby. I just do my best and call it good.

James_P and RyX like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not being a head shaver I can only imagine how that goes. There are videos of Ladies using a straight on legs & pits. Glad I don't have to do that, either!

Being a Recreational Shaver has benefits. Many of my shaves happen at the end of my day when I'm not stressed for time. I tend to do W, A, then XTG, and follow up with a fair amount of chin buffing, and scything slides on my neck. Might sound like Chasing the Baby. Learning to ride the cap and finding the best angle of attack for each razor pays off in little or no irritation.
    An alum block is a great teaching tool for new shavers. After last razor pass and rinsing off lather - rubbed on wet skin it will let you know if you are reducing beard or scraping skin. I also like the skin tightening feel it gives.

10. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you. And it's amazing how long the BBS last's, I don't usually have to shave until the second day.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

11. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Everyday and I am a 4 pass shaver. Back in the cart days there was allot irritation and ingrown hairs, now most shaves deliver an irritation free shave.

12. chevyguy

James I feel your pain literally. Two weeks ago I sliced my neck just below my right ear. My Fat Handle Tech had loosened and the Feather blade got aggressive and bit me good. I sure am glad I had I had a tube of Clubman Nick Relief on hand. Hope your head heals ok.

Clayton

Keithmax, James_P and RyX like this.
  13. James_P

James_P Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    I have a container of styptic powder on hand at all times.

Thanks to everyone for their input! My wife keeps asking me “didn’t you just shave yesterday?“. I tell her I like it. She gives me a strange look. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keithmax likes this.
  14. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I shave daily, rarely have any irritation (usually only when experimenting with a new razor), and have a generally happy face.

Herm

James_P likes this.
  15. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

I shave pretty much every day. Maybe miss 1-2 days per month.
    I always strive for BBS unless I am strapped for time or my routine is interrupted by something that cannot wait.
    Full face shave (no mustache,beard, etc.) for the last few years, but no head shave. Takes between 5-25 minutes, depending.

I only get irritation on rare occasions. Lucky I guess?

Keithmax and James_P like this.
  16. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Same here.

--
    Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

Keithmax and James_P like this.
  17. Rick01

Rick01 Member

I’ve found since I’ve become a bit more methodical about how I shave I don’t get the irritation I used to get. This and using a pre-shave have made a massive difference. I’m now shaving every day after having a full beard for four years.

Keithmax and Jim99 like this.
  18. capsfanx

capsfanx Well-Known Member

When I was using carts I would shave every 1-3 days. I need to shave every day for work but I just didn’t. Since switching back in May I now shave every day. 3 passes and touch up when needed. DFS to BBS most every day. Wife looked at me a bit strange at first but she is used to it now

Keithmax, Jim99 and Herm2502 like this.
  19. chevyguy

Some of my smoothest and most comfortable shaves happen if I skip a couple days. I just make sure I use a good preshave, and have a sharp blade like a Feather, or a Polsilver Super Iridium in my razor.

Clayton

Keithmax, CliffDweller and Jim99 like this.
  20. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

For me, its every other day. I shaved every day when I first got into wet shaving but when the newness of it kind of wore off, I stopped shaving every day because I felt like I wasnt taking all the much hair off and didnt feel like I looked like I needed a shave after 1 day.

Keithmax and Jim99 like this.