Shave Forge Horse Hair

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Zykris, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Anyone have one of the horse hair knots from Shave Forge? Was wondering how good of quality they were and performance and such. I was looking into their 24mm white horse hair knots. Thank you guys!

Frijolero likes this.
  2. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

3. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Got nuthin'.

Zykris likes this.
  4. pdieten

pdieten New Member

I haven't bought that specific knot but I have bought three different knots from them, and all three were as advertised and priced very reasonably. I'd say buy with confidence if a white horse hair brush is what you want. No relationship to the business, just a satisfied customer.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    Frijolero and Zykris like this.
  5. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Thank you for the replies.

6. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Update: After USPS messed up the delivery, I finally got the 24mm x 68mm white horse hair knot. After gluing it in and giving it time to set, I got use on it. I'm gonna guess the loft is near 60mm. So its splays very easily but it is by far softer than my Cremo horse hair brush. Almost felt like it had qualities of cashmere synthetic, a well broken boar and a silvertip badger. Somewhere in there. Great knot. Only lost two hairs and a great price!

The vendor was very generous to refund my purchase because of USPS' mess up. Great customer service!

Edison Carter and Frijolero like this.