Shave My Face .com

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by grottolord, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grottolord

grottolord New Member

i go back and forth between many shaving sites,
    when i tried to go back to shave my face .com forums i keep getting this message and they have no help desk
    any ideas is it just me or do you too have trouble signing into the shave my face forum page?phpBB : Critical Error

Error doing DB query userdata row fetch

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1016 Can't open file: 'phpbb_sessions_keys.MYI' (errno: 144)

SELECT u.* FROM phpbb_users u, phpbb_sessions_keys k WHERE u.user_id = 2026 AND u.user_active = 1 AND k.user_id = u.user_id AND k.key_id =

Line : 89
    File : sessions.php

any help would be appreciated

Thanks Grottolord

2. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Is it just me, or is it kind of odd to be constantly discussing the technical issues of another shaving forum? Rather than enjoy what this site has to offer, people are posting about not being able to log on somewhere else. I don't get it.

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Rick is right--forget them at SMF.

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Well, you know, many guys (including many over here at TSD) post on different boards and everybody is free to do what he wants. When another shaving board is experiencing troubles (and SMF surely seems to have a lot of these lately, which is kinda sad for everybody who likes to be over at their place) it's not so uncommon that guys ask someplace else as to what's going on.
    Maybe someone has some information to share regarding the situation? It's just a way of letting those at TSD who also post over at SMF know what the trouble is. Nothing odd about that.

6. grottolord

grottolord New Member

there are many excellent shaving site on the net, dont limit yourself to just The SD, Its kinda like saying my neiborhood is the best, and not enjoying what other places have to offer, be openminded and expand your horizons,
    Yea thats it expand your horizons, by the was this is the Best DE site out there!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Great Shave!!!!
    by the way today was Aristocrat with Wallgreens DE blade,
    when i get a holda some derbys and feathers im gonna let it all hang out!

These are the day's boy's, remember them Well
    Grottolord

7. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I haven't ventured on that side of the street yet. I lurk from time to time but am happy over here at TSD. I will never back to my old neigborhood. I kind of prefer a democracy and pleasant folks here:) Really more of a family....Look how well the Secret Santa was!

8. PeterS

PeterS Member

If TSD was ever offline would people go to another site for a while?

To be honest I post more on SMF but I look up this site just as much and have to say both are excellent. And different!:D

cheers

Pete

9. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I do find it strange to be talking about SMF over here, but I find it stranger still that no one from SMF has posted here explaining the problem and giving everyone an ETA of when it may be operational again. That's just plain odd that no one knows what's going on or cares to give a reason why this has happened. I know Sparky wouldn't leave us hanging like that!

10. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

My take on it is Vince, the technical administrator of SMF, is enjoying Christmas with his family and the site will be back when he is back.

11. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

Rick is wrong--make friends everywhere.

12. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I didn't say anything about making friends or being a member at multiple sites, I just think it is poor forum etiquette to log on to one site to discuss the problems of another.

"Hey, let me see what's going at good 'ol SMF! Darn it, I'm getting an error message! I know! I'll log onto TSD to post about it, and see if somebody knows what's wrong so I can get logged on there! Yeah, that's the ticket!"

13. The Zook

The Zook New Member

Having run a site that this kind of thing frequently happened on I can say it was annoying and I eventually didn't allow it anymore.

In the end it's up to the powers that be how they want to handle the threads, if it were me it'd be gone lol.

14. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Let's hope the members will also. It takes 20 seconds to post a reply.

Thank you for not being a mod here ;) I like the democracy thing as well.

15. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

Dont worry, it was just a tease. I think its okay. If someone didnt mention TSD over at B&B I would not have found this place and its people.

16. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Initially I posted my unhappiness with another site on here. I am done with my sour grapes.

This is a great site, and I have come to really appreciate the unique aspects of it. The smaller community is actually a bonus for me - you become acquainted with people easier. Plus, as has been mentioned, where else could you take part in the wonderful Secret Santa gift giving? I had a blast, and came away with more than I had hoped for. I hope my recipient was happy with his gifts!

I don't think it is so bad to post about other sites. We aren't supposed to be in competition (or are we?). Ultimately, though, hopefully we all (meaning those of us newer to this site) will recognize this as something other than an appendix to another site, most especially not just a backup when another is unavailable.

17. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

It's not my intention to devolve this thread into an argument, but I have seen people get well blasted at the other sites for mentioning what a great bunch of guys there are over at "......."

And, sorry, but I find it insulting when someone logs on here seeking help for the site issues at another forum so they can get logged on there. Are you here because you enjoy the forum features and members, or just popping in to see if there is something useful for you without having to bring anything to the table?

18. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

We are VERY fortunate to have the site admin that we do: Bobby (Sparky5693) looks after us and does an outstanding job of keeping us up and running. Like Klaus says, we have many here that post all across the shaving forum spectrum, and when one that some frequent more than others goes down, they might use another board to simply communicate and find out what is happening. So long as they're members here too and not just infrequent posters looking to "use" us, then okay by me. Like I use different email account for different things, so if one went down, I could still access another.

I personally have found a home here at TSD, and that was even before I was installed as a mod. I really don't frequent other sites much now, but to each his own. And if we are so lucky as to be stable even when others are down, then I am proud to be here.

19. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

This site is not like other sites. You'll never be "blasted" for speaking highly of other shaving sites here... therein lies the difference.

... insulting to whom? To you? Why would you be insulted?

Not everyone is required to "bring something to the table" here. Some, heck, most of the people probably peruse threads from time to time, and only post rarely. That's ok. Some people like to ease into a new place, others come racing in with both barrels... whatever works for each individual (and doesn't disrupt the general activity of the forums). Some like to just hang in the background and never really participate on a daily, ongoing basis.

All of that is fine and dandy here. When you login here, try to forget "how it's always done" at other shaving sites. This one's unique, and should not be held to the expectations of other sites.

I don't see anything wrong with showing general concern about the state of other shaving sites, when a prolonged downtime is experienced (like the current SMF one). The only place we'll draw the line is when people start badmouthing other sites, just to stir up controversy.

20. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

You know what? In retrospect, I misspoke, and if you want to delete my comments, please do so. If the management's position is "whatever", then I certainly have no idea of why I would give a rat's rear end as to what goes on here either. Carry on, gentlemen.

So, are you going to toss me out like Michael now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.