Shave Soap Sticks

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by terstation, Aug 11, 2019.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Anyone have a favorite place to pick up a Wilkerson sword stick?

brit likes this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

3. terstation

terstation Active Member

If you look on the Italian Barber site it is in the "What the Puck" line. I am interested in what they smell like as well.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

4. terstation

terstation Active Member

I will definitely let you know if they fit. Being 75 gr I am sure it is the same size as Palmolive or Derby sticks which fit in my Colgate and Williams tins.

5. terstation

terstation Active Member

Depending on how many you are looking for the bay is cheaper if you buy multiple and aren't in a huge hurry. I got a 4 pack and they ship free from the UK.

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks I do get a lot of stuff off the bay.

terstation likes this.
  7. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

There are numerous different companies that make the different Razorock soap formulas :)

terstation likes this.
  8. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

what the puck is razorock so yes if the sticks are made by razorock then they would be the same maker

terstation likes this.
  9. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

You are still ignoring the fact that the new ones say "What the Puck" right there in the title a description.

terstation likes this.
  10. ghostlife

where?

Annotation 2019-08-22 185451.jpg
    Annotation 2019-08-22 185538.jpg

terstation likes this.
  11. terstation

terstation Active Member

So I received the Frost Drops and have used them for the past four shaves. They give a bit of menthol kick, but not really as much as I was hoping for.

I have added 4-5 drops to the brush as I face lather sticks. You don't get much tingle from that. I have added some to my Thayer's after a shave and still not much. I will keep working with amount and report back if I make a breakthrough.

This morning I used Margaritas in the Arctic for my shave followed by an Osage splash and that was very nice. I may have to just have soap and cream menthol shaves and count on my Osage Rub for the kick after using sticks.

Anyone use Superior 70 Mentolado and have a comparison to it and Osage Rub?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    jaro and Ksblazer like this.
  12. terstation

terstation Active Member

They do not say it on the stick, but you figure it is the same formula between soap and stick as they carry the same "label" names. I have been wrong before, but it would make sense that they are made by the same vendor.

ghostlife likes this.
  13. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

jaro and terstation like this.
  14. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Conaught sells the Wilkinson Sticks in a 2-pack. I need to order some more myself. Might add some Palmolive, and Speick sticks too.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

wchnu, jaro and terstation like this.
  15. Campion

Campion Active Member

Superior 70 is a different critter. Osage is more of a pure menthol splash, while Superior 70 Mentolado is essentially rubbing alcohol with menthol and a strong scent of camphor. Think of old school Noxzema shave cream or a rubdown in an old time boxing gym. Personally I like it, but I couldn't use it every day. Sometimes I'll use it with a little Thayer's Medicated Superhazel, which also has a camphor scent. They work well together. Osage Rub is far more mentholated. While Superior is mentholated, the kick is from the alcohol more than the menthol. Its cheap enough to try, and if you don't like it as a splash, use it on sore muscles.

terstation likes this.
  16. ghostlife

Sorry man this is a thread about shave sticks, I didn't look at tubs of soap when I was discussing the new razorock shave sticks...

terstation, jaro and brit like this.
  17. terstation

terstation Active Member

Thanks for the response. I will have to check it out. How about the original Superior 70? I hear it is a nice bay rum without the clove and cinnamon.

18. terstation

terstation Active Member

It's all good brother. These are forums to discuss things. Asking questions helps us all find out new things we might have missed, such as wording on one packaging, but not another.

I know I am looking forward to the new Razorock shave sticks to arrive and give them a go. Of course I never used the others as the scents never quite appealed to me.

brit, jaro and ghostlife like this.
  19. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

Also I've cut the bottom off a medicine bottle with my Dremel, filled it with soap, removed cap to push up soap. Works fairly well.

BamaT, terstation and brit like this.
  20. terstation

terstation Active Member

So the new Razorock shave sticks arrived and they are thicker than any of my other shave sticks (Derby, Arko, Wilkinson Sword). They won't fit in any of my vintage shave stick containers.

brit likes this.