Shave Soap Sticks

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by terstation, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

This kind of surprises me. I thought they would want them to be shave stick container size. As I believe they sell them?

Maybe they will come out with some stick containers if this is a popular selling item.

Look forward to hearing on what you think of them.

terstation likes this.
  2. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt they even considered it, which is disappointing. I had emailed them and asked if these would fit in the traditional containers, and they had no clue, the didn't even know what the measurements of this soap was other than it's mass... When ask if they had containers in the works this is the replay I got "No plans at the moment to make a container for them. If they end up being popular we may consider it."

terstation likes this.
  3. terstation

terstation Active Member

I have my doubts they will come out with containers to fit them. I am surprised they didn't consider the size so it would fit existing containers.

I will break into one of them tomorrow, most likely Gold Label. I will give a review after getting a few shaves in with them. I will need to go back and check out the ingredients, but I imagine they are all the same base with different scents.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

BamaT, Ksblazer and Weasel640 like this.
  4. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I just use a prescription pill bottle. I trim the soap packaging down to expose the stick and then use it. after using I rinse the end of the stick and then store it in the pill bottle. I leave it open for about a day so that the soap can dry then I put the cap on the bottle. If you are traveling drill a couple holes in the cap so air can get to the soap when it's stored in your dopp kit.

Clayton

BamaT, terstation and brit like this.
  5. terstation

terstation Active Member

Clayton the pill bottle is a great idea for storing these. I will have to drag one along with me next time I head to Walgreens.

brit likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

i have been fortunate to find the chrome plated shave stick containers from old travel sets..if missing parts or poor cases they can be quite inexpensive.. 20190828_211055.jpg 20190828_211210.jpg however i haven't tried a new rr shave stick yet..

BigD, terstation and Ksblazer like this.
  7. terstation

terstation Active Member

I have looked at those sets, but have bought a couple of lots of the old vintage Williams, Colgate, etc tins and they not only are amazing looking they serve a function to protect most of my modern sticks. Unless your tins from the travel sets are wider than the standard shave stick tins they won't fit the new RazoRock shave sticks. They are the same height as my Arko, Palmolive and Wilkinson Sword sticks just much fatter.

brit likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

thank you for the info sir..good luck with your search..

terstation likes this.
  9. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

The larger bottles also work great for storing your shaving brush when traveling.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

BamaT, terstation and brit like this.
  10. terstation

terstation Active Member

I actually have used them for shaving brushes in the past when I was still military and "traveled more to exotic places." I guess since all my other sticks fit in my vintage containers or have their own I never thought much about it. Thanks again.

brit likes this.
  11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    She doesn't, but her soaps are so pliable, you can purchase empty deodorant tubes, add your own menthol and press them into the tubes.

brit and terstation like this.
  12. terstation

terstation Active Member

Are we talking Arko pliable or even more?

brit and Primotenore like this.
  13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    What's Arko? :happy102: JK. I think even more. You could mold it anyway you need.

brit and terstation like this.
  14. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

OK so here is another round-about answer to getting a Mentholated shave while using a Shave Stick... Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements (PAA) has just released the Cube Preshave Soap with a Mentholated version called 'ICE CUBE 2.0'. The original Cube was 6 oz. while this new version is now 8 oz. at nearly the same price. Ive never used the Cube but I've heard good stuff about it.

brit, terstation and Ksblazer like this.
  15. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Proraso Green pre-shave has a nice menthol kick and you can work a layer of that in and just stick right over that. The directions say you don’t have to rinse it off before applying soap, keeping things more mentholated. This world the frost drops would probably do the trick.

I have the green and the red pre-shaves that I’d consider trading, because I’ve decided pre-shave doesn’t contribute to a better shave. But I’m going to try them as a post shave first, as I’ve heard there good for that too.

Ksblazer and brit like this.
  16. desafetyrazor

desafetyrazor New Member

Speick stick is my new favorite soap. I also love their cream. I just posted about Speick stick a minute ago :)

terstation and brit like this.
  17. terstation

terstation Active Member

I just read that post. It will definitely be joining my den after I makes little room. So much to use and only one face to shave.

brit likes this.