Shave Stick Appreciation

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Robyflexx, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Ahh yes! Shave sticks people. The silent underdog, often overlooked and underappreciated. I love shaves sticks, a face latherer's dream. What an efficient and exacting way to produce mounds of luxurious slick face plastering goodness. Care to share your thoughts on them and favorites. A true travel companion as well. How about some shave stick love folks. :love055:

[​IMG]

2. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I have really come to live shave sticks. I just recently tried Arko, and now I wonder why it took me so long. It is great, and I like the scent. La Toja is also a top performer for me. I made a few of my own out of some Stirling soaps, but I really need to try Palmolive and Tabac St some point.

Love for the sticks!

Billyfergie, mrchick and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Robyflexx

Jim the Palmolive is lovely. It's got that classic clean scent and it's very cooling also. Great performance too. :)

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

One thing I have noticed about the shave sticks I have used - Irisch Moose, Speick, Arko - they all whip up a fantastic lather with absolutely no effort at all and provide for an excellent shave.

That said, I don't care for using them in stick form, and I'm not a fan of face lathering. But that's me.
    I grated the sticks into a bowl and use the same way I do a traditional puck.

5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I've a number of shave sticks (All from the TSD Store) and I often overlook them and wind up grabbing a jar of whatever shave soap is on the counter. Its time I bring these fine "ICED" sticks into the rotation. Coming to an SOTD soon!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I use shave sticks in my travel kit. I like Irisch Moos, Arko, and Palmolive a lot. Lea not so much.
    Today's travel shave. [​IMG]

7. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

The only stick I have is arko, and I like it.
    image.jpeg

8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I have the TSD Iced Lime. It is a wonderful soap. I made my own sticks with Col. Conk Amber, Arko, and TOBS Lavender using recycled deodorant containers.
    TSD Iced Lime.jpg 1col_conk_amber.jpg arko3s.jpg TOBS_lavender2.jpg

9. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I'm interested, so how does it work?

Bama Samurai, Robyflexx and Jayaruh like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    After you wash you face, you just take the stick and rub it all over your beard. Then, you take your wet brush, shake it off, and begin to build lots of lather. You can build enough in your brush for three passes if you like. I am down to just a two pass shave now, so, I end up sending the rest down the drain.

http://jrshaving.blogspot.com/2015/07/col-conk-shave-stick.html

11. Robyflexx

The blue one in my photo above is a homemade Stirling Ozark Mountain. :)

whiteboy_cannon and swarden43 like this.
  12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Lately I've been thinking of ordering some empty twist up tubes, they're cheap, and putting some of my soap in them. Always wanted to try it.

13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I have a TSD Sensitive (unscented) shave stick, but something has happened with the mechanism and the soap will not rise any farther! It will not come above the level shown here. I guess I need to scoop it out and just press it into a container.

IMG_0343.JPG

I recently used an empty deodorant container and pressed in the remains of an Arko stick. I had previously pressed the Arko into a mug but it was drying out so quickly. I just printed a label I found online and taped it on.

IMG_0613.JPG

14. Robyflexx

Looks great Perry! :happy088:

Billyfergie and PLAla like this.
  15. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Have I complimented your Dopp bag before? If not, great bag, really like the red leather.

whiteboy_cannon and Robyflexx like this.
  16. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

My drawer full. :cool:

[​IMG]

17. PLAla

I want to try the Palmolive some day. Everyone seems to be in agreement that it's a quality and affordable shave stick. But I have WAY too many other soaps at the moment. I need to thin the herd first!

Isn't there a Speick shave stick? Anyone tried it?

whiteboy_cannon and Robyflexx like this.
  18. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Thank you. I like it a lot.

Carbide Mike, AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  19. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

The ones I keep 0n hand: La Toja, Speick, Palmolive

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. PLAla

How is the Speick soap, Bob? I've heard mixed reviews but would enjoy your impression of it. I love the after shave!