ShaveDen AS Milk and Splash Review

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by chrisf8657, Aug 2, 2015.

1. chrisf8657

chrisf8657 Active Member

Kinda weird I'm reviewing a product on the site that sells it, I've tried alot of products, and I really honestly wasn't sure what to expect from a "Homemade" product. Homemade Soaps and other stuff I've tried really haven't impressed me.

The Ingredient list has everything I want in an Aftershave. The Lime smells sooooo damn good. :drool:

The AS Milk has made my face look so great! :bounce015:I've never looked so good after shaving using JoAnna's products. I swear they've made me look 10 years younger. :happy036: I'm not buying any other aftershaves except for WM Neumann (love the Scent) and hers again. Dead serious. The price is also very reasonable.

The only thing I'd like is that she offer more scents that are like those found in commercial products - Nivea ASB, Proraso, etc. all have good scents, and scent samples of her stock.

Thanks JoAnna! Keep up the good work.:happy096:

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The only thing "homemade" about Joanna's TSD Store products are the labels and containers. What's inside them are premium products.

3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Im so happy you like it. I would love to try it some day!

I live in Sweden and JoAnna offered to put the AS milk in a plastic bottle to keep the shipping cost lower. Some day I'm gonna get 1-2 bottles and another soap =D

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

She offers 93 scents. 93! And you complain she doesn't have a Nivea scent?!?
    She also offers samples so you can try those 93 scents.

I do agree JoAnna makes outstanding stuff!

5. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I need to try the a/s sometime because I haven't heard any bad reports about it. im sure its good stuff because the soaps are one of the best products I have tried.

Queen of Blades and Paul Turner like this.
  6. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

TSD aftershave milk is an excellent product in every way.

7. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I like both the splash and the milk aftershaves. I also like that you can get double menthol, regular menthol, or no menthol. This is a top of the line artisan product.

8. kurtmill

kurtmill Active Member

I just made my first purchase from the TSD shop and had a really hard time deciding whether to buy a soap, cram or milk. I went with soap, but I think I'll get a milk next time.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I affirmatively refer to TSD Exclusive as "Boutique" products. Small batch, individually made, premium ingredients, high value performance products. I use unscented ISZ AS as a base coat under things like Clubman because the skinfeel is so good. I have also noticed (YMMV!!!!) that her AS Splash does not reopen weepers/small nicks that I have repaired with Alum. ISZ lives on the countertop, I never put it away.

10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

The AS Splash is some of the best in the biz, and I mean that literally.

11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Soooo... 93 scents with 3 options gives 279 choices!!! Who needs Nivea? :p

12. Omelmad

Wow, 93? That's awesome hahaha.

13. Omelmad

The only complaint I have about the TSD Shop is that it's not cheaper to ship to sweden haha. And that's not even JoAnnas fault. It's the postal service

14. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

If you decide to order all 93 items, it would be cheaper for you to move to the USA than pay the international postage!
    :sad027:

Dubs and Omelmad like this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I've written this before, I think every boy in 7th grade should be given a bottle of Iced Subzero Milk/Soap as a starter kit. The only problem I have with the ISZ milk is it doesn't come in a gallon jug.

16. Omelmad

Haha I think so too! If I ever travel to the U.S. I'm gonna order all sorts of stuff to the hotel hahaha!

Queen of Blades and chrisf8657 like this.
  17. chrisf8657

chrisf8657 Active Member

They must sell like crazy if you need to wait 10 days before your order is filled. A testament to the quality of the product!

Paul Turner likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I still have a lot to go on the TSD/Menthol, and I will get one later this year(different scent, though).

19. Paul Turner

If I ordered any AS, etc...in gallon size, I'd have to negotiate my way to the bathtub. As I've said, this is one of the reasons I feel I can't do a shave video.

20. Paul Turner

Aftershave "Milk" is something new to me, which I suppose I'll have to try sometime, given the positive comments I see about it.

Tdmsu likes this.