Shavemaster S100 Brush

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by fisherc, Jul 25, 2007.

1. fisherc

fisherc New Member

Charles recently told me he has been offering a "smaller" version of the V200 Shavemaster brush in his store. This brush is called the S100. I am curious to know if anyone has used this and if so can they compare it to the V200. Any inputs would be appreciated.

regards,
    Chris

2. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I own both Shavemaster models. The S100 is designed to a be a slightly smaller, lower compression brush than it's larger sibling. I find the brush to be much more versitile as it can easily be used with both traditional and Method shaving. The V200 is larger and has a higher volume water holding capacity which I reserve exclusively for use with Hydrolast.

3. fisherc

fisherc New Member

Thanks Mike. In my experiences with traditional brush/cream/soap I find brush size to be somewhat irrelevant to water holding capacity within some range. Is the S100 like this in that it is simply a smaller brush that those who prefer smaller brushes would choose or is there a real performance difference between the two when using cube/paste? I am not really concerned about the "hybrid" capabilities as I get along fine with my Plisson/Simpsons with traditional soaps/creams. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Chris

4. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

The difference not really one of just size. The S100 is smaller in terms of physical design but still utilizes the unique loft shape of the Shavemaster. It just doesn't have the backbone and high speed mixing capability as the larger one. In my opinion it makes a great entry level brush for those interested in Method shaving or those that want something that takes advantage of the "hybrid" capability.

5. Brad

Brad New Member

I have been using the S100 for about 6 months now. I have never used the V200, but Charles actually recommended that I use the S100 instead of the V200 due to my lighter beard coarseness. Not totally sure why, but if the proprietor tells me to buy the less expensive model, I generally trust him. I have not been disappointed. I love this brush. I have also used it with traditional creams and it does a great job there too, but 99=% of the time, I use Hydrolast.

Brad