Shavette Newbie

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by 9nein9, Feb 27, 2018.

1. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Ask @NCoxSTL . I am a straight/shavette guy, but this guy is kind of a shaving technique god. I know he uses Feather AC type shavettes on his head when the mood strikes. He also is some type of low/mid level boss type in the Russian mob, (don’t tell anyone) so he’s fun to follow.

You can check him out in the 30 Day Rule thread in the Shave School Forum.

Keithmax, 9nein9, PatP and 1 other person like this.
  2. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

That would be awesome Chris. Thanks !

3. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Well the last few shaves have been uneventful. Progressive hair reduction at its best . ..or my best anyway. Doing mostly a 2 passer with a quick cleanup.
    Nice feel for the shavette with no more searching for grip or angles . Starting to figure this thing out. Lathering in the baseball pattern has improved my shaves also as the lather stays fresh and slick. 2 thumbs up for The Copper Hat bay rum . Surprised how long a 40 gram sample lasts . Money well spent . Have a great day.

Keithmax and Edison Carter like this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You mean the Veg is going to try you. Looks like things are under control here.

Keithmax, Bama Samurai and 9nein9 like this.
  5. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I'll wear it to work. That should be a good test . Under my welding shield it's just me and my aftershave .

6. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Whoah Nelly!! Just hit a homerun..on my face and head . Did 1 WTG and 1 ATG with the Luxor on my face . Felt so good . Really good . Then I did a 2 passer on my head with the ol' FW. I'm in a happy place right now .

7. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Smooth sailing again tonight. Same as last night . Feels good getting it cleaned up in 2 passes now . The shavette is dialed in.

Keithmax likes this.
  8. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

So far all goes well on this front here!!! I have had some great shaved with the XRS shavette. Got to the point where I can shave my whole face with no nicks! The best part is, I think because the shaving surface is smaller (and maybe because my technique is better than when I started with straights) I am not getting any of the sensitivity around my chin. This week I will be shaving with the push style shavette! wish me luck! I will be able to post more about my daily shaves this week!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

On vacation... On my rule. [​IMG]

danbuter, Dansco, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  10. Bama Samurai

Ok. Now we are getting somewhere! You're hooked. You'll always mess around with open blades. Stay with it...it gets awesome from here.

Edison Carter and 9nein9 like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

I owe him a bullet tip. Veg goes with it, Arko/Williams too, if he lets me know he hasn't tried yet.

12. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Tried the Williams but none of the others yet . I'm doing some headshaves with Williams actually.

Bama Samurai and Keithmax like this.
  13. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Good luck. Let us know how it goes .

Pilotcld likes this.
  14. Bama Samurai

Still with you, coming up after lunch and before nap.

Ides of March
    [​IMG]

danbuter, 9nein9 and Edison Carter like this.
  15. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Hang in there . Actually seen the sun here today..woooo

Edison Carter likes this.
  16. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Nice quick 2 pass shave today . Copper Hat bay rum is on its last legs. Maybe 2 shaves left. Went out for supper for my birthday with my daughter and girlfriend. Another year older , another year wiser !

SevenEighth and Edison Carter like this.
  17. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

:greet002:

9nein9 likes this.
  18. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thank you Bill!

19. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Haven't been on last couple days as I was away working. Got a couple days growth to knock off but may wait till morning since I just got home and it's late .

Edison Carter likes this.
  20. Bama Samurai

Back in Colorado. [​IMG]

Bookworm, 9nein9 and Edison Carter like this.