Shavette

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by red436, Jun 6, 2012.

1. red436

red436 Member

Awesome thank you! I will definantly be getting the SR1 when I get the money.

2. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

The stainless steel gives it a bit more weight to feel a little more like a straight. I have some old Wecks for cheap off of ebay that use a long Personna single edge blade you can get from Sally's Beauty Supply or online. It is stiff like the GEM blade with the folded metal on top. The Parker with the DE was scarey to use with the flexible, very exposed blade. The Feather AC or the Korean knockoff called the CJB is much easier to use and for a better shave...at least for me. I decided to go to straights and found them easier to learn and safer to use than the shavettes.

3. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Yes, I had three people ask to buy my CJB after paco told them he was out of the CJB. I sold to the first to commit. It is better than the other type shavettes and identical to the Feather AC RB. I prefer the Japanese handle and hold my folding straight razors as if they had the Japanese handle.

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The SR1 is a little bit more expensive (about $1.50) and comes with a metal handle. The SR2 has a plastic handle.

5. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

There is an American made kamori . style sr I came across a few days ago I think it was called the prospector but I could be wrong about the name it was basically just an over sized blade like a folding razor with no fold or handle looked amazing but was in the 300 dollar range... at that price I could just but 20 vintage blades to hone myself and remove the handle on a few to use like a kamori

6. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

Thats it the purist

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

It is a nice piece of metal!