Shaving non-face areas

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by whiteboy_cannon, Feb 10, 2016.

1. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

No I don't mean manscaping, no need to talk about that. But I shave my chest every couple of weeks, and I just shaved a portion of my right leg around my knee. Why, you ask? Okay a little background. The other day in rugby practice we had a small inner squad full contact scrimmage and I tweaked my knee a little. So I plan on using some kinesiology tape on it, which is great stuff for minor injuries. Only thing is, last time I used it on a leg I had a bunch of irritation and it didn't last long due to the hair on my leg, so I decided to shave it a little. I used my weishi razor. Wanted something mild since a razor has never touched my legs, with a GSB blade, body shop synthetic brush, and Palmolive menthol cream. Just lathered directly on the knee area. Only had one knick below the knee. Ended in a smooth shave (which feels completely foreign BTW) I shaved a bit larger area than needed to make sure the tape isn't on any long hairs, and the shave was actually enjoyable, don't think I'll start doing it regularly because my leg looks very strange without hair, despite the fact that my hair is very light on terms of the color department, almost clear lol.
    So, anyone shave any other areas of the body besides the face? And how regularly and I would also like to know why you do so. Maybe you do it for personal preference, I have a friend that routinely shaves his legs just because he likes it, or maybe due to something like my case, or maybe you are a swimmer and do so to decrease drag. Please chime in. Is it socially acceptable in current society for a man to shave his legs?

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I shave my pits about once a week.

BeShaved and Robyflexx like this.
  3. whiteboy_cannon

Personal preference? Wife preference?

BeShaved likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

I have a birthmark on my shoulder that's fairly large, and for some reason hairy. I've used Nair type products, but it irritates a bit. Haven't got brave enough yet to try the DE. I'm sure it would kill a blade to do, it's some thick stuff.

BeShaved likes this.
  5. whiteboy_cannon

Never know until you try haha

BeShaved and J.R. like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm almost comfortable enough. Maybe this weekend...

BeShaved likes this.
  7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I shave my chest because my girlfriend likes it smooth.

BeShaved likes this.
  8. whiteboy_cannon

My wife likes a smooth chest as well

BeShaved likes this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

A number of guys here shave under their arms, because they live in hot climates.

BeShaved, mrchick and Robyflexx like this.
  10. whiteboy_cannon

They makes sense. Never thought of that, Colorado does not require that whatsoever

11. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I live in Fla so I shave my pits ounce a week but I trim my legs also. My legs I trim with a Norelco men's groomer. I shave my arms also and my chest for aesthetics simply because I workout. For pits, chest, and arms I use the Personna M5. :)

BeShaved and whiteboy_cannon like this.
  12. whiteboy_cannon

Gotta make the muscles smooth for the ladies? Lol

13. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I've shaved nearly everything with a DE. Head, legs, pits, my junk, everything but chest basically and only because I have about 12 hairs on my chest. I stopped shaving my pits and junk because my pits hold deodorant better with hair and I smell better longer and the junk was a one off event.... I shaved my legs to show my teenaged daughter could see it was possible; she DE shaved for a while and eventually switched to carts.

It can all be done safely, you just have to be as diligent as you would with your face.

BeShaved, macaronus and Robyflexx like this.
  14. whiteboy_cannon

Why did she switch to carts? Sounds like a major downgrade

BeShaved and battle.munky like this.
  15. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Speed. She likes the DE shave but she doesn't like the DE time. She went back to canned goo too.

16. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Forgot to mention, I also shave my head. Used to be daily but now every other day. I use a variety of different cartridge razors for this, a headblade and at times a DE. Lately my preference has gone to the Personna M5 for this also. It's just an outstanding razor and dirt cheap cartridges at the Dollar General. :)

BeShaved and whiteboy_cannon like this.
  17. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I shave my armpits on Mondays and I use the razor with which I'm shaving that day. Shaved pits feel a bit less sweaty. I've got one chest hair (dead center!) of which I'm proud ;) so that one doesn't come off. Never felt the need to shave my arms or legs. The thought has come up to mow the lawn, for sweaty reasons. Sorry if it's TMI. :angelic007:

18. whiteboy_cannon

Everybody sweats. Not TMI. I don't think I could ever shave my pits. Too itchy

BeShaved and macaronus like this.
  19. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I shave my legs in the summer. I'm a cyclist, and hairy legs and Lycra shorts clash.

BeShaved likes this.
  20. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

When I played Football in High School I used to shave my legs, arms, and my pits. Shaved my pits because of sweat, arms to show off what a teen me considered "muscles" and I shaved my legs...well initially the legs where due to me losing a bet but I kept it going because 1. I worked out and wanted to show off my leg muscles. 2. It just felt less gross after practice having smooth legs instead of sweaty dreadlocks on my legs.

Socially acceptable? I'd say.... Do what you want to do and what makes you comfortable. I am pretty sure unless your parading around in daisy dukes most people wont notice or mind ;)