Shipping aftershaves question

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by GeneralKinetics, Oct 19, 2015.

1. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I was just wondering...Do you have to do anything special to ship aftershaves splashes? I may be selling my new Denim aftershaves soon, because of girlfriend grief.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'd hate to tell you one thing then have USPS tell you you can't ship it because...

Best to just ask them.

3. GeneralKinetics

Haha yeah. Just wondering if anyone had any first hand experience that they could share.

4. swarden43

I know when I've shipped packages they always ask if there are any liquids.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. GeneralKinetics

Then what happens? Is it an issue?

6. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

All liquids should be declared. If it's hazardous material (I'm not sure what they consider hazardous..but flammable I know is) it cost a little more. If you don't, and it leaks, they can fine you. I have a local post office that has a substation at a gas station....they don't ask, so I don't tell. Last time I mailed some eliquid, I told them that it was a liquid and had to get a msds on the stuff.
    I agree with the above comment, give the USPS local a call and ask.

7. swarden43

Don't know. Never shipped liquids.

8. GeneralKinetics

Alright, thanks for the advice. My girlfriend gets real strict on ingredients in body products when it gets around that time. Mainstream stuff always has crappy ingredients in it, but I like to try some of the classics anyway.

9. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

All liquids and anything flammable need to be "declared" per post-911 regulations and your package will (probably) cost a little more for special handling. If it's more flammable than aftershave, they will not ship it and you will have to use a package service such as UPS or FedEx. They can refuse to ship anything/everything liquid and/or flammable, but I haven't had a problem. The amount being shipped might come into play too.

Note that I haven't actually read the regs. This is just word-of-mouth told to me by a postal worker and personal experience.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. GeneralKinetics

Sounds good. They're 3.4oz/100ml glass bottles of Denim Original aftershave. Got 3 off Ebay for 17.99 with free shipping :).

11. richgem

As others have noted, always best to check (with your local post office).

12. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Uh, how was it shipped to you? Do that.

Joef likes this.
  13. GeneralKinetics

Ha true. It was shipped in a very paranoid manner. A USPS priority bubble mailer instead of a USPS priority bubble mailer.

14. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Call/visit local post office. If shipping within USA, probably ok, International, no way, especially Europe, because most AS have alcohol.

https://www.usps.com/ship/shipping-restrictions.htm

Again I would talk to them first. Not worth having something happen and you end with a visit from Feds/fines etc...

15. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I tried to ship some AS to a TSD member on Canada. If it goes by air, the answer is forget it. FedEx would do it for about $25.

crackstar and Joef like this.
  16. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Calm down, Rich! No need to go postal. :D

Joef and richgem like this.
  17. richgem

So, does that mean that I don't have your stamp of approval? Or did I get it only for you to cancel it? :(

wristwatchb likes this.
  18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Your delivery is not what it used to be, but you're still First-Class in my book!

1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    richgem and Joef like this.
  19. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Just keep your package out of sight and we'll be fine.

richgem and Joef like this.
  20. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

I've shipped AS a few times without a problem. I printed out the postage after buying on line put it in a bubble mailer after wrapping it with plastic wrap. Taped the USPS mailing print out and dropped it in the package slot at the post office. Florida to California. No probléma.