Shopify is discriminatory...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Primotenore, Jul 25, 2019.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

In honor of a TSD Member who signed up, shone bright but briefly, and moved on - A Shavette Fu multipost. Participants in The 30 Day Group understand. Sometimes the conversation goes by quickly.

Sir, I'll back your campaign when you run for Public Office, or purchase your products & services when you become CEO. This old fashioned understanding is lost to today's fresh young adults.
    In 1978 that ability to count back change won my job interview at a donut & coffee shop where I met my future ex-wife. Too many "smart" cash registers and not so smart math programs in schools.
    Gold stars for you, Sir! Neither the customer nor you are unduly inconvenienced with that setup. I assume you aren't using Shopify?
    That's what happens when Corporate Sponsorship dictates acceptable discussion. Those forum that boot Members for stepping on The Money's toes provide TSD with many fine Members.
    Early Adopters and Fad Chasers are our Test Pilots. Like you I'm OK with them taking the retail price hit so I can purchase at a discount later. If it weren't for new car owners there would be no used cars?

Keithmax, brit, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Rick, I was at a gas station a couple of weeks ago and the customer that was in front of me was waiting for change. The cashier actually pulled her smart phone out and used the caculator to figure up how much change was due the customer. I would have thought the register would have done that. Like you I learned real quick to count back change when I worked a register at an auto parts store.

Keithmax, brit, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  3. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

What's even more sad about counting back change is that is so dang easy. It's not hard. It's not difficult. It's not complicated. All it takes is for one to use their brain a teeny tiny bit. But then I guess I shouldn't be surprised that people can't handle as simple a task as making change when you think who is in the WH these days.

Keithmax, brit and Hembree like this.
  4. Hembree

It ain't just the WH. It is the WH to local courthouses.

Keithmax, brit and MntnMan62 like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

The pendulum swings back and forth. That's why it's Official Policy not to discuss politics. I'm sure we all have some personal views that differ from the current norm. Just look at us, shaving with less than five blades, no flippy floppy self leveling twenty dollar cartridges, and avoiding canned goo...
    Oh, but some of us DO use those products? OK! Tolerance of others shave gear happens. Even Societal changes are fair game for some back and forth jousting.
    (Please avoid Political arguments :rolleyes005:)

Keithmax, Boojum1, brit and 4 others like this.
  6. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Understood. Won't happen again. My apologies. What if I said that WH stands for Wild Houseplants?

brit, wristwatchb, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  7. Hembree

:happy102: My apologies as well.

brit, wristwatchb and RyX like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

No problem! I prefer a kind word among gentlemen over Reported Posts and spending time being a referee.

Keithmax, brit, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  9. Ozwhisker

Ozwhisker Member

Correct, I don't use Shopify. I use Wordpress/woocommerce

Keithmax, brit and RyX like this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

@Ozwhisker - your Avatar, Rudolph Valentino?

I assume from your name you may be Australian. I'm hoping to visit one of my children near Melbourne in a couple of months. How's the "shave scene" down there?

11. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Not a fan of limited release, limited time purchases. What you guys may not have realized is that the folks who get limited stuff consistently use "scripts." Pre-written software that automatically puts in their info and checks them out. Likely they are not even near a computer when the product drops. The script is triggered automatically when the page is updated (or goes 'live').

Think of it as a slightly more complicated version of gixen (a free ebay bidding/sniping service).

12. Ozwhisker

Ozwhisker Member

Yes, I am Australian. The leading shaving forum is https://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/ where you will find plenty of information and opinions. As to buying shaving supplies, it is pretty much an online exercise. There are very few brick & mortar stores that sell anything other than Proraso or similar so the choice is limited. The supermarkets and chemists (Drugstores) do not sell any blades other than cartridges. However, there are very good online stores that sell well known higher quality products (TOBS, B&M etc) and also artisan products.

13. RyX

RyX DoH!

I ought to sign up with P & C. Not sure what I could stuff in my suitcase for the ride in but a bit of conversation would fix that. Last time I visited their website I read about a Box being passed around. I've participated in those here and enjoy them much.
    Much the same here in my small town. Several ladies beauty supply shops carry much of the Pinaud line of aftershaves. That's about it for local shopping. I'll be bringing something for my son when I do travel since he's preparing a list.