Short Beard or Long Beard

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by lina, Jul 8, 2016.

1. lina

lina New Member

Hi,

Since beards are on tread, I have decided to grow mine. Can anyone please tell me which is easier to manage? If possible, I would love to try various short beard styles but I don't have much knowledge. I know only about goatee and balbo. Any other styles?

Thanks,
    lina

Robyflexx likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've let my face fur grow out a number of times in my life. The easiest to manage is don't trim it.
    beard style.jpg
    Just don't do this one below.
    Flaming douche.jpg

3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

If you are going to go for it, go for it...

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

macaronus, lina, DaltonGang and 5 others like this.
  4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I thought the clean shaved look was in! Man, I just can't keep up with all these trends.
    I guess I will have to stay clean shaven, the wifey likes it that way.

But, if I were to choose for you, I would say The Imperial. Why look like all the other millenials out there.

lina likes this.
  5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

The lumberjack look.

RyX likes this.
  6. lina

lina New Member

Thank you @RyX for your reply, that's helpful.

>> The easiest to manage is don't trim it

Agree, but if I don't trim it would be too long just like @PickledNorthern posted. I can only imagine the efforts it would need to get that level. He is looking great though :) The hipster look is getting very popular..everywhere I can see their pics just like below one:

[​IMG]

I am not sure if I can grow my beard to that level. Going for short for few days at least and then I will see. While doing research about short beard styles, I got few good styles here - http://www.betrendsetter.com/short-beard-styles/

I believe some styles from them would be perfect for me :)

@PickledNorthern, thank you for your reply, appreciate it.

@DaltonGang, thank you for your reply and for your suggestion. I think I would go for extended goatee initially and then try new style here and there :)

RyX likes this.
  7. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Funny, Id read recently that beards were falling out of fashion. Anways, IMO shorter is easier to manage simply because you dont have to comb it and dont have to worry about food getting stuck in it.
    I tend to let mine grow out for about a month, until it gets itchy and I get tired of it and having it longer is certainly more of a pain than right after I trim it.

lina likes this.
  8. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    [​IMG]
    This is as close as most of us get to a beard these days.

Paul Turner, macaronus and lina like this.
  9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

PickledNorthern, macaronus and lina like this.
  10. lina

lina New Member

@Badgerstate, you are right. Look like I am quite late following the trend :-(

@swarden43, thank you for your suggestion.

11. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

IMHO... the current crop of hipster beards look over grown and not always well-cared for. If you want facial hair, then go for it. But, do what looks good on your face and what suits who you are. Don't go with a particular style just because it's trendy.

PickledNorthern and macaronus like this.
  12. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Who cares whats in and what isnt? If you want to rock a beard, go for it. I have absolutely no plans to go clean shaven no matter what society says is cool.

lina, PickledNorthern and macaronus like this.
  13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yes, and Yes!

Badgerstate likes this.
  14. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

Grow it. Don't trim. But some beard oil, beard balm, soon, Maybe some moustache wax.

lina and macaronus like this.
  15. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I have no experience at all with beards. But I can imagine that one thing may count for all types: if you want them to look well, you've gotta tend to them. So they all take time to manage. Just go with what suits your face and who you are.

And be sure to show us the results! :)

Paul Turner, lina and Robyflexx like this.
  16. lina

lina New Member

Thank you for the inspiration :)

YAY!

Agree, it takes some time. And, definitely I will show my result. Thank you for the inspiration.

macaronus and Badgerstate like this.
  17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That is the essential "Playoff Beard" :)

18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I referred to this site as I was "growing" my last one. It closely resembled the Circle Beard., but there was more above, less below.