Show off your den...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Old School, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Some may recall the debut of my "shave shelf" a couple years ago. Since my divorce I've moved, married and bought a new shelf. Not shown on the shelf is my grandpop's razor I'm hoping someone can identify (year?). Other than that there are some various soaps, creams, oils, my straight and strop not displayed (yet). I was struck tonight to hang the shelf and scrubbing bubbles everything. I used a bowl full of the liquid and soaked everything for 10 minutes with a toothbrush scrub halfway through...That's really some AMAZING stuff. Looks like I'll have to buy another shelf...the REALLY nice thing is my new wife supports my RAD and wants her own shelf and supplies on her side. I mounted her shelf on her side already, just have to get her that first setup. My ex used to bust my balls about this stuff, but did take the MINT blue star I bought her that she never even touched. I guess if there were decent people they wouldn't be our ex's!
    shelf.jpg grandpop.jpg

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    KLF, Jorvaljr, AGHisBBS and 6 others like this.
  2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

That a nice collection and shelf. I have a shelf set up similar to yours. That open comb looks like a short comb Gillette. Based on the handle it's an old style. It doesn't look like a New. Herm would know.

Herm?

3. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

That is some nice and shiny hardware there.

That is awesome your new wife is into your RAD. My wife is happy i have a good outlet. Until i have her get me something off the bay. Then not so happy.

AGHisBBS and Old School like this.
  4. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

[​IMG]

Here are my backups on the dresser in the master closet. Shaving and pocket knives are a couple of my weaknesses. The fountain pens and inks are in a drawer. Soaps are in another drawer.

Jorvaljr, Billyfergie, IDuck and 9 others like this.
  5. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Very nice set-up. However, it makes me nervous to see some mighty fine razors standing on their end. :shocked003: A number of years ago a nice Fatboy of mine took on a tile bathroom floor and the Fatboy lost. Perhaps this picture is for show and tell? Not being nosy...just want to insure the safety of the razors.

AGHisBBS, PLANofMAN, IDuck and 2 others like this.
  6. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Very nice collection! My Bride is just happy I don't collect Ferraris:eatdrink047:

AGHisBBS, Robyflexx, IDuck and 2 others like this.
  7. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I drilled holes in my shelf so I could drop the razor in and have it held securely. Either that, or rest them on their sides.

AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  8. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    No worries...they're "safety" razors. Shelf is above the sink, not a far fall at all if they were to tumble. Thanks for the jinx though :)

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  10. simms623

simms623 Well-Known Member

11. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

I believe they are called "safety" razors due to the "safety" in shaving and not for the "safety" in dings and dents. No "jinx" intended......simply the voice of experience speaking. It does not take much to throw the vintage Gillette razors out of alignment. I apologize if I misspoke or offended. Please accept my apologies if I did.:sad024:

12. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    No offense or apologies necessary. Thanks for the sentiment though :)

Jim99 likes this.
  13. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

image.jpeg This is my den...

It's a clean slate.. But I have my own bathroom. The only bad thing .... it's outside.. Lol it was a utility bathroom that this house had when it had a in ground jacuzzi .. We took it out and the bathroom became mine.. I'm planning on remodeling it possibly this summer.. I plan on having my shave gear in there.

AGHisBBS, Jayaruh and twhite like this.
  14. Jorvaljr

Here is my shave gear.. Wifey ain't too happy.. Lol but I am:D

Attached Files:

AGHisBBS and twhite like this.
  15. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Love the dual brush/razor stand...where'd you get it?

16. Jorvaljr

AGHisBBS, Robyflexx and Old School like this.
  17. Jorvaljr

You can hold two brushes and two razors or three razors and one brush

AGHisBBS, Robyflexx and Old School like this.
  18. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

AGHisBBS likes this.
  19. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

Nothing fancy .. in my basement man cave bathroom. Found the shelves at The Container Store and the wood razor stand is handmade by a guy on ebay .. may need some shelves on wall soon as my collection is growing LOL
    20160120_103407_20160120123703903.jpg

20. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Very cool shelf and nice collection. [​IMG]

AGHisBBS likes this.