Show us your collection of blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Norseman, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

Good morning.

I have seen many a fine collection in here. But it has mostly been of soaps/creams, brushes and razors. But never about blades. And since my favorite AD is blades, I wanted to ask all of you to show us what you got.

My meager collection, if I can call it that, only consist of a few of the more common blades. Like Astra, Gillette Silver Blues and Gillette 7 o clock black. To name but a few.

I would like to add to my stock and prepare for the shave apocalypse, so I am currently testing new blades and trying to find suitable additions to my blade bank. :)

1-DSC_7139.JPG

2. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Look at all those 74s .:smiley respect:

3. Norseman

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Sorry no pictures,but for what it's worth here's the list:

New Blades;
    Viking's Sword(Stainless)200+
    Astra SP(Green pk) 300+ & SS(Blue pk) 45+
    Polsilver Super Iridiums 175+
    Voskhod(Teflon) 80
    BlueBirds 70+
    Personna(Red pk) 30
    Shark(Super Stainless) 16 & (Super Chrome) 10
    Derby 20
    Wilkinson Sword 15
    Feather(Hi Stainless) 5
    Gillette 7 0'clock(Sharp Edge"yellow pk") 4,(Super Stainless"green pk") 4,(Super Platinum"Black pk") 2
    Dorco (301)10 & (300)1
    Asco(Super Stainless) 7
    Super Max(Blue Diamond) 10 & (Stainless) 10
    Laser(Super Platinum) 10
    Lord(Super) 5
    Ladas(Super Stainless) 5
    Rapira(Super Stainless)10
    Perma-Sharp(Super) 5
    Zorrik(Super) 5
    Flying Eagle 5
    Treet 1
    Sharp(Stainless) 1

Norseman likes this.
  5. Dr Yan

Dr Yan New Member

Wow! That's a lot of blades.

6. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Just wait. If Jeff sees this and posts his, you'll know where to go when the shavepocalypse ever really comes.

PanChango likes this.
  7. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I have collected more blades than I'll ever need.
    My sons ask why I have so many if I only use one every day (maximum), and I have enough to last for years. <crickets> No good answer. :(
    I'm actually a bit ashamed to see how many I have, now that I think about it.
    Acquisitiveness is not really a trait I wish to set an example of to my sons. It's an easy trap to fall into, but difficult to amend.

8. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

It sounds like you should make amends by distributing your blades to those less fortunate.:angelic007:

John Beeman likes this.
  9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Thanks. I had to go look and if I use one a day, I still have enough for about 4 years... Considering I use them 3x each, I have too many. I have given a bunch away and will use them eventually.

10. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

In many cases collecting large amounts of shave stuff such as blades,soaps,aftershaves or even razors is just part of the process/hobby...You do really need to try every blade you can inorder to find the blade or blades that work best for you,throw in a couple of bulk order mistakes and you wind up with a large bunch of blades... As long as you not stealing the blades or letting the rent/bills go unpaid or the kids unfed I don't think there anything wrong with aquisitiveness...:) I was raised to aquire what I could, when I could when times were good, inorder to tide me over the lean times and I've learned that no matter how good things are or for how long, there's "ALWAYS" lean times....:happy088:

HolyRollah likes this.
  11. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

Outstanding word!

12. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

This is an about 10 months old. I've added a few since then, but it's not too far off.

[​IMG]

Norseman and 178-bplatoon like this.
  13. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

In my post, there's no condemnation of anyone nor am I attempting to dissuade anyone from acquiring all they can, if that's what they wish to do. My posting only is simply the result of my reflections on my 'stuff' I had been acquiring.
    EVERY forum of which I've been a member, whether it's high-end audio, acoustic and electric guitars, photography, there are always hobbyists and collectors—and always some individuals who exceed in acquiring amounts of stuff that would boggle the mind of one not familiar to that hobby or forum subject. Pictures get posted, and those who are members usually, "Ooh!" and "Aah!" at the rather extreme amounts of $$ invested in whatever item the forum surrounds.
    If some wishes to get 4000 blades, 80 brushes and a mountain of razors, it's a free country. For me personally, I'm not opposed to my posting images of newly acquired gear here. But it was the realization that I accumulated a rather 'excessive' amount which led to my iniital post in this thread. Regarding whether there is anything wrong with "Acquisitiveness"— by the very definition of the word, "an excessive interest in acquiring money or material things..." I suppose 'excessive' depends on one's vantage point.

BigT, Norseman and 178-bplatoon like this.
  14. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I'm with Erik. I think you need to make amends by distributing some of your blades to those less fortunate. And baloney. You've got too much baloney so send a couple pounds of that my way and you'll hear "te absolvat" guaranteed!

HolyRollah likes this.
  15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I do gots lots a' baloney! :)

Erik Redd likes this.
  16. Norseman

17. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

You can never have too many blades. I thought the person with the most toys when they die wins :happy102: