Sideburns and even lines

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Demidog, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

One of the major benefits of switching to safety razors for me was even, perfect sideburns every time. Unless I'm fresh out of the barbershop, my hair is too long to be handled by cartridge razors. They tear into my sideburns and make a jagged mess out of them. I use cartridges once in a blue moon but I have to whip out the buzzer in order to even out my sideburns in these cases. This results in a lot of wasted time.

I was wondering if I'm missing something regarding this issue and I wanted to know how others handle this problem. With my safety razors, I turn the aggression on my adjustables up to an 8 or 9 and I get perfect sideburns in one swift chop, no buzzer needed.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

A carpenter will use a framing hammer to start the job and a finishing hammer to complete it.
    Ain't no foul using the carts for the main job, then sideburn trimming with the safety razor.

3. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Most modern carts have a trimming blade, Fusion, Hydro 5, Quattro, Caliber 5.

4. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

The problem is that I generally only use cartridges when traveling because the TSA prohibits carrying razor blades on carry-on luggage, and I almost never check anything in. Therefore I don't have safety razors at hand when using carts but fortunately I am allowed to pack my buzzer.
    Nice. I haven't really been keeping up with modern systems. I have a Dorco and a Mach3, but neither feature a trimmer blade.