Signature scents? What do you reach for most?

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Padron, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Padron

Padron Active Member

So,

I was curious to hear what scents you folks enjoy, namely Colognes, Aftershaves and EDT's..........But it can include any scents you like :)
    ......I don't know that I have a "Signature Scent" but I do have a couple favorites.....:)

#1 favorite currently = Penhaligon's Castile.....I really like the Neroli / Bitter Orange Blossom scent....;)

What do you reach for most in your arsenal of scents? you can list whatever you enjoy :cool: Enquiring minds want to know :happy005

2. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce is my most often used at the moment, and other faves include Hugo Boss, Polo Sport, and Drakkar.

Definitely no Aqua Velva! :D

3. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

C&M Lime and AV Musk

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hey! I like the AV ;).......The Ice Blue is such a nice aftershave :happy005

I need to sample that A&F..........as well as the C&M Limes :)

5. Damon

Damon Member

TSD Chocolate -I just love wakening to fresh brewed coffee and Chocolate shave soap. But I'm a chocoholic.

6. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I've got a bit of a collection of variation. The dressed up scent would be gucci pour homme II. Than the nice citris day scents would be D&G light blue, ADG, Kenneth Cole Reaction, Ferragamo signature, and Burberry Men.

7. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

TOBS St. James and Tam dao are my two favs. Not together of course!

8. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Creed Himalaya and GIT

9. dmikel

dmikel New Member

Floris Santal and I've bought almost everything they sell in the Santal scent, soap, shaving cream, Cologne, Extreme Cologne, after shave lotion, and after shave balm.

10. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    They just discontinued the santal shave cream. It's one of my preferred cold weather scents.

11. xChris

xChris Member

I don't really have a signature scent. However, a couple of real favorites in my stash right now are Pecksniff's Oriental Woody, Grey Flannel, and Classic Match (Aramis clone). Too bad the Florida weather isn't conducive to wearing these all the time. :(

12. adamk222

adamk222 New Member

well i love john varvatos vintage layered with masters bay rum aftershave.

13. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I love lime the most and then sandalwood...

14. jnich67

jnich67 Member

So many good scents!

Warmer weather:

Penhaligon's BB
    Taylors No. 74 Limes
    Floris Limes
    Penhaligons Raquets and Quercus

Other times of year:

Floris Sandalwood
    Floris Vetiver
    Penhaligon's English Fern
    Tabac
    Dominica Bay Spice Cologne

There are others, but these are my mainstays.

Jordan

15. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Yup... I went into their store on Jermyn St last week and it's definitely gone :(

I think my signature scent would be Proraso Green Aftershave Splash, I just love it...

16. pezspencer

pezspencer New Member

I've been very partial to Vetiver lately, specifically, Guerlain's...

-- James

17. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

My sense of smell isn't the greatest; I tend to rely on my wife's reaction to the scents. If she likes it and it doesn't offend me, it's in.

Lighter:
    Marc Jacobs
    Montblanc "Presence Cool"
    Alfred Sung "Hei"

Darker:
    Kiehl's #1 Original Musk
    Zirh Corduroy
    Davidoff "Silver Shadow"

So I guess it's no "Signature" scent for me, I'm kinda all over the road.

18. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I only wear EDTs or colognes about once or twice a week, and they vary depending on the mood, but with my soaps/creams and aftershaves, there is definately a lime trend.

19. ChargerFan

ChargerFan New Member

John Varvatos. Very versatile. I only reach for the Chanel Platinum Egoiste when I have to wear a suit for a presentation. Although I have been trying the sample of Floris Santal I have, and its pretty good!

20. minderasr

minderasr Member

During the week I alternate Pinaud Clubman, Pinaud Classic Vanilla, and Old Spice (all AS). On the weekends I find myself reaching for the Floris Vetiver more often than not.