Simpsons Special Pure Badger.

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Morman Bridge, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hello all, I just wanted to share with you all about a Simpsons Special pure badger brush I just got. I was browsing the West Coast Shaving website when I came upon this listing-

http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Simpson-Special-1-Pure-Badger-Shaving-Brush-S1_p_555.html

I think it is a fantastic bargain. The brush arrived on Saturday, and it looks fantastic. I already have a Wee Scot by Simpsons, and it cost me $25 more, and the S1 Special appears to be twice the brush. I'm going to use it for the first time tonight. I'll post again at that time. I thought there may be some interest in an inexpensive quality brush by this brush manufacturer here, that's why I'm posting this. Here's a photo of the Special S1 next to my Wee Scot-

[​IMG]

Thanks for your interest, and have a great night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

It looks very nice. What a good price.

Morman Bridge likes this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Super deal, good scoop

Morman Bridge likes this.
  4. Morman Bridge

Hi again folks, well I just completed today's shave, and I used the new S1 Simpsons brush as part of the SOTD. Here's the lineup-

[​IMG]

Overall the brush performed to my expectations. I forgot to prepare the brush like I usually do, by washing them two or three times with a shampoo/conditioner. But even though the brush had an animal smell, it wasn't too overwhelming. All brushes smell a little funny at first if you don't shampoo them. But the main reason I got this brush was that it looked like a good fit for my WCS sampler tins. And it does fit them well. I'm glad I got this brush. Once it is fully broken in, and it blooms as far as it is going to I will know more, but for now it's a thumbs up! Have a great day all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jorvaljr likes this.
  5. Morman Bridge

This post is an addendum to the previous post I made. The tins of soap samples I referred to are WSP soap samples, not WCS soap samplers. Sorry about that.

Hillbilly79 likes this.
  6. Hillbilly79

Hillbilly79 Well-Known Member

Glad you liked the brush. I've got a Simpson Berkeley I'm very fond of.

7. dangermouse

The brush looks a little short, in height. What's it like for holding enough soap for three passes? Is it soft?

8. Morman Bridge

Hello- @dangermouse , yes, the brush has a short loft, and is still a little stiff. It does not seem to hold enough lather for three passes. But that suits me okay, because I only shave two passes. I bought this brush to use on my WSP 1 oz. tins of soap samples. It works great for that.
    Thanks for your interest. Have a great day.

dangermouse likes this.
  9. dangermouse

Thanks, I appreciate it.