Simpsons The Duke 3 in 2-Band - any fans ?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by CHSeifert, Jun 7, 2012.

1. CHSeifert

CHSeifert Active Member

Hello forum :)

Just bought this brush from shaving.ie

To my surprise it's not quite fan shaped like my 2 Duke 2 in best are, but more dome/bulb shaped, which supposedly should not be the best for face lathering.

FYI this brush is bought for face lathering and face lathering ALONE.

Have now used it 5 times and this is now my preferred face lather brush over the other 8 brushed or so I've tried.

Doesn't feel hard or prickly at all. Prefer the feel over the Best Hair feel by far. It holds the water better than Duke 2, and the knot size just fits my face a little bit better.

Only problem is that I have it placed in a stand on the wall and that this stand sort of squeezes the brush hairs a bit.....ohhh well Simpssons brushes are not meant to hang but stand but still...

I have nothing negative to say about this brush. It performed perfect from the first shave, no smell of funk or badger.
    I rinsed it in citrus scented soap and soaked it for 4-5 hours before first use.
    Handle is perfect too. Best handle shape yet for me for face lathering purpose !

Rating overall:

Handle: 10/10
    Brush hairs: 10/10
    Latherability and massage: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10

The perfect face lather brush for me, beating former no. 1 one, The Duke 2 in Best by some.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

The Duke 3 with the two band knot as quite a fan club.

Jamie.

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    No comment about Duke 3, but it is my understanding that two band badger brushes were specifically designed to cater to face latherers. "The comfort of a badger, but with a stiffer loft, similar to boar brushes" Most of the sites I've seen them on make references to face lathering in the description of the two-band brushes.

I've been wanting to get a two-bander for a while, I like stiffer badger brushes, but I don't care for scritchy ones. How does this one line up in the scritchy department?

4. CHSeifert

CHSeifert Active Member

It's softer than my Duke 2 in Best Badger, but stiffer than my Polo 10 in Super 3-Band badger...,

Perfect face latherer IMHO.
    Better than my Duke 2 Best.