Single edge Supply Provision...... Version 2 in the works.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, May 4, 2017.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

2. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Very interesting, I love my supply and would be all over a 4 or 5 dot head if they released one

Str8on2 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Despite my best efforts I can only coax a moderate shave out of mine on a 3 Plate. My little PAL injecto-Matic blows it out of the water as far as Shave quality goes- but then it is not S/S, but is a sturdy little
    beast which will last me out.

twhite likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have the newest and latest polished limited edition version, I'm very happy with it, I can't see me buying another one.
    What is a concern that it seems a lot of artisans want to push out a "new and improved" version.
    I don't buy into that, come up with new products, not a new paint job and minor tweaks.
    2.0's need to stop! Silly.

Str8on2 and ob1page like this.
  5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I'm puzzled. The only reason I'd see a new purchase is the addition of an aggressive plate which is what they are explicitly not doing (because the designer has sensitive skin???).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

ob1page likes this.
  6. ob1page

I'm only interested in an aggressive plate if they sell it separately. If they only release the aggressive plate with a new razor they can pound sand. I love my Supply but not enough to own two.

RaZorBurn123 and jmudrick like this.
  7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Of course I'd sell the original to someone with sensitive skin. Whatever. Bunny someday hopefully.

COMPNOR and ob1page like this.
  8. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

Considering the new the version 2 will be produced via MIM for sure everything will be much more precise, everything will fit better, as far as looks goes and will it shave better that's something to be seen when the razor is available.

I just shaved with the SP and dot 3 plate, the dot 3 plate is not aggressive but for sure above medium aggressiveness and you can feel the blade on the skin. I had 2 day growth popped in Personna PTFE blade and just WTG it got rid majority of the beard, XTG and ATG and my face was super smooth.

I have to admit this is my first injector and never tried anything else, but with the 3 dot plate shaves like a monster. I like more aggressive shavers so the other 2 plates I don't use. The 3 dot plate is plenty aggressive to get awesome shave, but somehow I think would of been better for his business if he just offered 4 dot plate, 5 dot plate and spare screws. Then he should of went to the drawing board and design an adjustable SS GEM razor via MIM process and get KS going with that. There is no doubt from my end that I would be buying the 2 additional plates and screws and jumped on the GEM KS.

ob1page and jmudrick like this.
  9. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

"an adjustable SS GEM razor"

:signs011:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. ob1page

We can hope. The Bunny is still the greatest razor I've ever used.

jmudrick likes this.
  11. ob1page

I like everything about your post

blashe likes this.
  12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Buy putting a new and improved version out only makes the new one I havd
    You should draw something up and patent the idea, because man it's a good one.
    2017 will be the year of the modern GEM blade razor, ATT has one and PAA is nearing a release. Watch for others to follow.

13. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

1917 patent for the Penn Adjustable. You'd have to modify to deal with hole in the GEM blade but I'm sure it's doable.[​IMG]

ob1page and twhite like this.
  14. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

We will be very hard pressed to find a superior shave to the PAL. That being said my first run SP does a nice job. I much prefer lighter razors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dustmite, ob1page and jmudrick like this.
  15. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

I've got all three plates, but have only used the aggressive 3-dot, as well. Given how mild it is, I have no need to try the 1- or 2-dot. I've asked him to make a more aggressive plate, but he has no plans to do so. Very confusing to me. I would buy a more aggressive plate, but I have no interest in another Supply razor. I like the one I have but, like all of the rest of my injector razors except the early E2, it needs to be amped up.

ob1page, Jayaruh and jmudrick like this.
  16. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

If you want to amp up your injectors. May I suggest getting some Feather Artist Club blades. Then trim them to length. This will amp up your injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Keithmax, targa88 and ob1page like this.
  17. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

I appreciate that, but one of my rules is to make shaving as easy as possible. Fiddling around with cutting blades, removing guards, shimming, etc. is not in the cards for me. Call me lazy. Besides, I love using AC blades in my AC blade razors, especially my Asylum RX. Why not use the blade that was designed for the razor, and vice versa? Another beef I've got with the Supply is that it was not designed to accommodate twin blade injector blades which, for me, all things being equal, give me a better injector shave than a Chick or Personna single blade.

Screwtape and ob1page like this.
  18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Well sir, happily use your E2 and sell the Supply. Or take the five seconds it takes to trim the AC blade. I like enough about the Supply to make the effort to optimize it for my needs.

twhite likes this.
  19. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

I'm still optimistic that Patrick will create an 11-dot base plate (to borrow from "Spinal Tap"). :)

Mikey the Saint and jmudrick like this.
  20. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

There is, of course, this patent:
    [​IMG]

jmudrick likes this.