Sir Hair

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Claude Stewart, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Claude Stewart

Claude Stewart Well-Known Member

Anyone else enjoy this product?

Sir Hair Barber Shop Shaving Soap.

I tried it for the first time today. It lathered quickly. Too much actually. The soap I had been using took multiple brushing to cover and lather. This however took only a few revolutions with hot water and lathered the entire area twice.

The scent is very pleasant. My Double Duck Goldedge easily glided through my whiskers.

It dried to almost a powder so I just whetted my brush again and the lather bubbled and was just as when I first applied.

I have to say I am pretty happy with it.

2. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I've had a puck or two. I seem to remember it being a good soap but it's been a while.

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I don't' have the Barbershop, my first Sir Hare was(and is)Alpha(Tobacco and Sandalwood). I like it very much.

Ijustmissedthe50s and oscar11 like this.
  4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

The tin of Sir Hare I had was 3rd eye and it was the older formula in small metal tin. The soap would NOT make a stable lather no matter how much I tried. It ended up being added to other scraps and made into a pre shave soap.

There was some talk a while back about some reformulations so they may have fixed the issues by now from the many other positive reviews, hopefully they fixed the issues and move forward.

5. Paul Turner

I'll check in with Sir Hare in the fall/winter months. I will say this-I like to compare that soap with Stoylin Gentleman A.S., and the last time I did that I came away with an odd feeling, as if the two were a bad combinnation(although I had good shaves with that combo before).. I'll try that once again and see if I feel the same way. I should add that the Sir Hare I have is their Tobacco&Sandalwood(as I mentioned in a previous post)....perhaps the Stoylin Gentleman addition gives me too much tobacco.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  6. Paul Turner

Looks like you did your OWN reformulation. :)