Skin Shade change after shaving

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by rsk11584, Jul 28, 2009.

1. rsk11584

rsk11584 New Member

Hello friends,

This i have seen in many people including myself, now after around 4-5 years of wet shaving I have observed that my skin color has changed, especially the areas where i shave most, it turned to somewhat greener shade, and many people tell me that its common thing for skin color to turn a greenish shade after repeated shaving, so i shave once in week now, but in one week the beard grows, too much,, does not look good, any method to turn the skin color to normal , from the greener type of shade????

brit and deagle like this.
  2. Gelf Lover

Gelf Lover Member

If your skin is turning green from shaving I would recommend going to a medical doctor and having them check it out.

Taipan likes this.
  3. rsk11584

rsk11584 New Member

No sir, it is not something medical defect, most people in india have their skins having a shade of green after repeated shaving, and the barbers tell the reason as shaving against the growth of beard for the color change / shade change ,,

well will wait for some mroe replies

4. freemartin

freemartin Afficianado of "cans"

maybe you should discontinue use of kelp based shave soap or clean your razor. That means I don't believe it, and/or you should follow the previous advice. When a dermatologist confirms that this condition is from "antiquated shaving techniques" please let us know.

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    It has to do with your skin tone, and the closeness, or lack thereof, of your shave.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  6. Special_K

Special_K New Member

I have never heard such a thing....but.....the wonders of google come to answer your questions.

I found this website

And an archived thread from across the street. I'm assuming crackstar on this thread is Jeff here at TSD. Maybe he can help you out if he pops in.

brit likes this.
  7. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

Wow! Talk about learn something new everyday!!:D

8. MsJoeD

MsJoeD New Member

Agreed, I had not heard of this either. I guess the recommended solution would be to use a product that has more moisturizing properties. Possibly switch to a cream or a soap with lanolin in it. Also don't use aftershave products with alcohol in them and use a balm instead (Nivea has a couple of good ones.)

9. Compa

Compa Member

That was a nice piece of information. I think it should be on the forums somewhere for future references :)

brit likes this.
  10. hunnymonster

hunnymonster Member

Not sure I'd trust the opinion of someone who doesn't even get the name pseudofolliculitis barbae correct, whilst trying on the mantle of expertise...

I'd hazard that the greenness is a result of dark facial hair not being totally masked by the skin itself (like Fred Flintstone's 5 o'clock shadow), but I'm no expert in the field (I only look in my own mirror and see I have a blue-green tinge to my head when I shave it - it's perfectly smooth, so I don't feel the need to go buy a product for a non-problem)...

11. luvmysuper

luvmysuper New Member

It has to do with skin tone, dark stubble and glazing into a mirror lit with flourescent lights.
    The phenomenon doesn't seem to appear in sunlight.

12. deagle

deagle New Member

I was not getting such Green tint though I used to shave regularly 2-3 times a week ,but I reduced shaving to 1 once in week and now I started getting these tint. I believe this happens coz u no getting proper sunlight ,now I shave regularly and it i fading away
    You know also after getting your head shaved those tint appear
    I suggest u shave regularly apply proper aftershave (alcohol free) balm or proper moisturiser.
    Keep doing hope u get rid of it.

13. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Sounds like :angry019: to me. But that's just me.

Keithmax likes this.
  14. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

My face sometimes goes blood red after shaving but a styptic pencil soon sorts it out.

brit and Keithmax like this.
  15. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The original poster hasn't been seen here in almost eight years. He probably looks like this now:
    [​IMG]

brit and gwsmallwood like this.
  16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Posted a whopping 4 messages it appears. Woo

17. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

He left us for the movies. [​IMG]

brit, gwsmallwood and RetLEO-07 like this.
  18. RetLEO-07

:happy097:

brit likes this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

gre.jpg

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  20. RetLEO-07